THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    WTB LH stock very long shot

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTB LH stock very long shot
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the market for this stock

McMillan Left Hand
Sako with Monte Carlo
Inlet for a Remington 700 BDL long action

Had the rifle for sale and sold the stock now I've decided to keep the rifle. Not too bright.

Posts: 62 | Location: Texas Panhandle | Registered: 26 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a LH green McMillan bought for a Sako AV long action build. Project never completed. I do not remember what, if any, work was done on stock.

'We' never completed the project due to health of gunsmith. I had not thought about these parts for years, and happened to look at the Lefties forum.

We were going to create a 300 H&H. I am now sitting on the stock as well as the action and barrel, which are both still in the white.

Gun was assembled and test fired, showing headspace was too tight. That was as far as we got. Parts are three shots from being new.

Barrel is kind of special. Harry McGowan full octagon with integral 3/4 rib and front sight (all from one piece of steel), with three leaf express sights installed or with barrel.

If the stock is of interest, I will see what was done to it, if anything. and get some pics.

It is still at the smith's shop. You never heard of him, but he was good enough that he did some custom work for Winchester, and had been around enough that McGowan was willing to provide the octagon barrel.

Support the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Posts: 272 | Location: Central KY | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote