Find
Notify
Tools

Stocks for LH 98 actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Gents,

does anyone know who makes LH synthetic or wood stocks to suit LH 98 (Zastava) actions ?

Appreciate any leads on the best place to source a couple (actually looking at one of each).

Cheers,

JFE

Posts: 503 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a wooden source.

http://www.gunstocks.com/

Never managed to locate a L/H synthetic for a L/H Zastava. I bought a R/H Bell & Carlson M98 stock and cut the top part of the action area off with a Flex saw. Rebuilt the action with Steel Bed in a mirror image of the right - Violá, L/H Synthetic for Zastava M98.

Have fun with your project.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have converted several synthetic stocks to LH, not hard just takes some time. Done them on Rugers, Remingtons & Winchester LH rifles.

kk alaska

one of us
posted Hide Post
Chuck Grace has a pattern if you want a high-end custom deal.

Posts: 1729 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 17 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stay away from www.gunstocks.com. I had them copy my Savage 99 stock and fore end. When received the inletting was way too large for the barrel. They said send both stock and fore end back to match wood. I sent them back and they refused to make replacement wood. Then they refunded half what I paid and told me the rest was for "expenses". Pure incompetents and thieves as well.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2172 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
another fine dealing with henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lonewolf stocks from columbia falls, Montana . They built me one for my GMA 375H&H excellent worksmanship, fit and finish. Good luck.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YEAH!! Just another sob story and B.S. from dear Henry. I , truthfully, cannot see how the man [?] looks at himself in the mirror! And he wonders why he has to wear a protective vest!!
MP

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote