Suggested Retail Price: $ 1139.00
Miscellaneous: Left-Handed M77 Hawkeye African Model
Extras with this
Product include:
·Instruction Manual

·Lock

·Scope Rings

Gents,

This is from there website. No mention of delivery dates. Also, only caliber shown.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow! It's not that cold in Hell yet!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's an article about its release. Perhaps god didn't forget about us after all.

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/tow_release.php?ID=123751...ion=f9ypzf3mbv15k8cf

Joe

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
As much as I appreciate them coming out with a lefty version, I would have preferred that they would have come out with a 40+ caliber cartridge based on the 375 Ruger case first.

I have a lefthanded Ruger 7 Mag that needs to be converted.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, I heard a nasty rumor that Ruger and Hornady are seriously considering bringing out a .411 Ruger. This came from a group of industry guys at a huge gun shop in Minnesota. They were all company reps of reloading gear. Take it for what it's worth.

Joe

"I can't be over gunned because the animal can't be over dead"-Elmer Keith

Posts: 551 | Location: Northwestern Wisconsin | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am buying one of those lefty Hawkeye Alaskans ASAP. I NEED one.

Posts: 4 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When they start selling ammo in Harare, Dar and Lusaka, I will, too. I'll stick to the old reliable H&H until then.

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
You know, I said to heck with it and called Great Northern Guns in Anchorage to put a deposit down on the first Ruger African they get.

jetdrvr, I figger that if my ammo or the rifle itself don't make it to Harare with me in '09 I use the rental rig from the safari company. I know when I was in Zimbabwe in October I didn't care in the slightest that I had lost my luggage. I was on safari, everything else just didn't matter.

Imade the deposit about a week ago, so say 12/1/07 just for arguement. I'll try to post to this thread when or if I recieve it.

Posts: 9211 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scott,
What price is GNG asking?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I'm so smart I really didn't agree to a price. I mentioned to the salesman that I had read the suggested retail price of $1100 something and he said he thought they could beat that. I put a $200.00 deposit down and recieved a reciept for same in the mail a couple of days ago.

Classic American consumer. "Gimmie, gimmie, gimmie!" Un plug brain, hand over wallet.

Posts: 9211 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger:
Rifle / Bolt Action / M77® Hawkeye® / HM77LR

California Approved: N/A
Massachusetts Approved: N/A

Roll Eyes

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hornady Custom Ammunition 404 Jeffery 400 Grain Dangerous Game eXpanding Box of 20

Attention!
You must be 18 or older to order ammunition. Ammunition must ship UPS ground. For safety reasons, we cannot accept returns on Ammunition. Make sure you use the correct ammunition in your gun. Check your local laws before ordering.

Technical Specifications & Use

Average Customer Rating: Not Rated.

Used this Product? Rate It

Package Size
Application Charts & Information
Product #: 147338
Manufacturer #: 8238
Our Price: $77.49

Date Expected In-Stock: 12/31/2007

Gents,
Could this possibly be a sign that Ruger will do their new Hawkeye (hopefully left-handed), in 404 Jeff.?
This add appears at Midway.

Roger QSL

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote