New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fellow Lefty's
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who makes LH actions ?. Dreaming of a new rifle have my stock blank and ready to put $$$$'s into project .

Or is Gun Broker the better place to purchase a complete LH rifle and cannibalize ?.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have a left handed mauser on gunbroker,#79681955, for sale. i am asking what i have in it. it is well on its way to being a nice rifle.
the other day i spoke with montana and they were finishing up some long left handed actions.
of course if you can find a complete rifle reasonable,you can use it also as a basis.

Posts: 981 | Location: Shenandoah Valley VA | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Follow this link and it will answer your question:
http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78711

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr,

I have a couple of LH MRC LA that I would sell if interested. These are in the white and as came from MRC. PM me if interested.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I might be interested if Hein gives me my deposit back. What do you have and how much?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
MRC's are back in stock. Dan at MRC called me earlier this week to say my LH long action is on it's way.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really? I had one on order since March and it was supposed to be shipped in April,lol.
Sometimes I think these companies just play with us seeing how much we can tolerate as far as waiting beyond the promised times.

one of us
posted Hide Post
snowwolfe,

not sure if your question pertains to me. But I'd unload my MRC LH LA for $440 plus shipping. I also got a LA Mag boltface too. I noticed that the floorplate does not drop out when the lever is pressed, so I plan to send it back to MRC to get ir replaced.

let me know if you are interested. The extra $$ saved could go towards refining the action such as polishing or barrel etc.

my loss is your gain...

Thanks

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does the mag bolt face action have the 3.650 magazione box?
When was it made?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To all of you thanks ! I will look into all options hopefully over the weekend and come to a decision .

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Max(hm2) ; I tried to find the Mauser on post with that number , it was a NO GO . I did how ever decide on an action actually a whole rifle a Browning , the price was right . I'll have it rebarreled with a Lilja and the bolt reworked by a Smith as I'm not one myself .

So I will start my project when I receive the rifle . Thanks again too everybody who posted .

Shoot straight know your target . ... salute

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dr.K:
Who makes LH actions ?.

Dr.K, check out this thread if you're interested in a CRF action.

Erich

Posts: 5 | Location: Really Southern California | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the post . My project is under way now . I purchased a complete weapon simply because of the cost of an action alone . I still wanted to be able to afford a barrel , Stock as well as optics . " Custom Rifles " are just beautiful but the prices aren't . Rather go Hunting with what's left over .