THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    CZ, 527, 223REM, Opinions?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ, 527, 223REM, Opinions?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted
I am looking at buying a CZ 527 in 223, I have not handled one yet as special order from my gundealer but are they true mirror image of R/H? .Thanks

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They appear to be . I'm looking at one now in SS Synthetic 03090 is the Blued version I believe , as yet have not seen the SS model.

I'm also looking at another Tikka . My other one Shoots very well for out of the box .

Item #: JRTB412
Description: BTA TIKKA T3 LITE 223 SS LH
Manufacturer: Beretta
Model #: Tikka T3 Lite Bolt Action Left-Handed Rifle
Type: Rifle
Finish: Satin Stainless Steel
Receiver: Stainless Steel, Satin, Drilled & Tapped
Stock: Synthetic, Black
Sights: No Sights
Barrel Length: 22 7/16"
Overall Length: 42 1/2"
Weight: 6 lbs 3 oz
Butt Plate Recoil Pad: Black Rubber Recoil Pad
Additional Features 1: 4rd Detachable Box Magazine, Adjustable Trigger
Additional Features 2: Sling Swivel Studs, Comes with Scope Rings
Caliber: 223
Capacity: 4+1
Action: Bolt Action
# of Mags: 1

Just out of curiosity what kind of money are these two rifles costing Down Under ?. Either USD or AUD currency as I'm used to both . The above Tikka is right around $600.00 USD not sure on the CZ in SS but the model CZ 527 American 03090 is $ 575.00 plus $50.00 more for Rings .

I'm not sure I like the looks of that Mag hanging out of the CZ other than that I say it's a toss up as to which is better for shooting ?.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted Hide Post
The blued/walnut CZ 527 223Rem is $1080 Australian dollars includes rings, but the Australian dollar is now .90c to the US dollar so it might be now cheaper to import one from the US than buy local!

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not sure I am reading this correctly but does CZ now make a stainless leftie .223 rifle? I can't find any information on there web page about it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
I had a 527 lefty in .223. It shot very well, nice little rifle, but I wanted a 6.8SPC bolt gun.

So the 527 now wears a Remington 270 barrel cut and chambered to 6.8 and 7.62x39 bottom metal and magazines and has had the bolt opened to accomidate the 6.8 round.

It shoots as well as it did when a .223.

Here's a pic -

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 681 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe : I don't believe CZ does make a SS LH , Least wise I was also unable to find it .

I decided on A Tikka .From what I received I'm not sorry either . I'll post target results after a few weeks of Load development . Once I get my New Scope ( Hopefully Tomorrow ) that is .

It's just a Shame that ALL manufactures don't make at least Two Choices for us Lefties .

STD.Contour Barrel Hunter Blue or SS Wood or Synthetic or Heavy Varmint BBL. LH in popular calibers !.

I don't think that's an unreasonable request !.

More and More Left handers are showing up these days I say E Mail manufactures start a petition send it around to ALL the Gun Forums so as to have members sign it ; then E mail or Mail it too the Manufactures . It couldn't hurt .

After Thanksgiving I believe I shall become Unavailable for employment by choice . So If one of this sights Moderators so choses we may just hopefully set something up ?. archer

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjm:
I am looking at buying a CZ 527 in 223, I have not handled one yet as special order from my gundealer but are they true mirror image of R/H? .Thanks

Just shot mine today out of 4 loads factory
best group is around 1.25" 5 shot at 100 yds.
Worst around 2". Cheap factory ammo. I like it wish bolt handle was different so you could use lower scope rings. I have not compared mine to a RH 527. Mine is the LH CZ 527 American 223 Blue & Wood do not think they have a LH SS 527.
Shot the 527 again it likes the American Eagle 223 50 gr HP shot a .4" 5 shot group with it quite pleased with the leftie.

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info everyone, The only lefty available in Australia is the one with hogsback/Bavarian stock, Is it possible to buy a classic stock or aftermarket stock in the US?

12x12/9.3x74R

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It should be no problem to get an after market stock or possibly a factory stock . Least wise I would think so any way . archer

Check Firearms dealers in USA for Distributors or contact CZ Directly and Ask them about a New Stock ?.

Shot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute