New
Find
Notify
Tools

lh 70 stainless
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
one for sale on gunbroker. not mine. would like to have it but too high for me at 1700.00 buy it now. just letting fellow lefties know. it's a 270.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hope for their sake it sells. But I wouldn't be interested. That was the era when Winny couldn't even get the scope mount holes straight on the receivers. I had a 338 and it had that problem.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ken Cline:
Hope for their sake it sells. But I wouldn't be interested. That was the era when Winny couldn't even get the scope mount holes straight on the receivers. I had a 338 and it had that problem.

Your right Ken,
They put out a batch of crap during that time. My 30-06 I had was out of square at the action barrel junction over .006 thousands and until I fixed it no scope had enough windage adjustment to hit paper at 75yds.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I've had a few of their SS LH Model 70's and mine were by far the straighest and best Model 70 actions I've owned.

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Wow, I've had a few of their SS LH Model 70's and mine were by far the straighest and best Model 70 actions I've owned.

The '06' I mentioned in my post was not SS it was chrome moly steel.

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
I've owned six SS 70 actions and none had this issue. Still have two - one bought from another AR member was turned into a custom 9,3 X 62. The other I'm holding in reserve, in case I have to build another rifle - lately been thinking 458win.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:

I had a LH SS 06 and sold it when I thought I would not use it!!! It was a very accurate rifle with no issues at all. Kinda regret selling it. But 6 LH
06,s is a little much!

kk alaska