New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH Mauser 3000
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a LH Mauser 3000 with a custom barrel and stock in 30-338. I can't handle the recoil any more and would like to trade it for another Mauser 2000, 3000 or 4000.
I have several of these rifles and they are one of the best LH bolt action's I have used. Just don't want any more magnums.
Yoour opinions on these rifles would be appreciated.

Posts: 45 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 08 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of foxfire
posted Hide Post
40X,
I have Mauser 3000 LH 30-06 bought around 1971 or 1972. It's the smoothest bolt I own. It also has more rounds threw it than any other gun I own. It's still a tack driver and unfortunately I wouldn't trade it ever.
As I understand it they were built by Heym and sold under the Mauser name.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Posts: 359 | Location: Long Island, New York | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Foxfire,
That is exactly the way I feel about my other 3000 and 4000. The other one I have is a 338-06 that has been my best elk rifle. I am new to this forum so if I can figure how to post a picture I will do so with an elk taken with this rifle.
I wish there was a way to change my magnum bolt face to a standard so I could rebarrel it into something I could use.
From Oregon to New York...good shooting!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used to own a LH 375 H&H 3000. Wonderful rifle and very light. The "Weatherby" style stock wasnt to my liking.
Sold it a long time ago for a SS syn stocked 375. But in todays world I think the left hand person would be better off with a Rem 700 due to parts avaliability since both are push feed actions.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6603 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's one more LH 3000 in 375 H&H...
Found mine in a small gunshop over 25 yrs. ago. HATE the stock's appearance, but have never done anything about it. That rifle has made 4 trips to the "Dark continent",never used on DG...I have a .458 win mag for that, but has proven to be an awesome hammer on everything else over there I've gone after. STILL don't like the stock....but I have so much history with it now...I'll probably not change it. In some future nightmare...when the Democrat party finally gets it's way, and I'm allowed to own only one rifle...this will be it.
Cheers,
Don

Posts: 953 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of LH Mauser 2000's, one in 375H&H and the other in 270. I rather like them as they are relatively light well made rifles. The stock style is not fashionable anymore but it still works fine. Parts are still available from Heym for these models.

Joe

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have one in 375H&H. Has a Douglas barrel on it. Very accurate and action is smooth as silk. Does anyone make an after market stock for these?

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ohiosam,
Richard's Microfit had them at one time and could still semi-inlet for one. I used a Mauser stock from Boyd's and with a little work and bedding it fits great.
40X