Find
Notify
Tools

Browning Auto-5
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of urbaneruralite
posted
Any of you left-handed gents use an A-5? How does it fit? Did you have to make any adjustments to the stock?

Posts: 57 | Location: SE, US | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I used a few for I suppose 25 years or so and was a fairly poor shot. I'm not sure it was a matter of fit so much as it was bad practices. The guns never gave me a problem as a lh.

I now use a Redlabel and am very happy.

Posts: 9212 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All of the ones I've kept for myself are the early versions with the safety in the front of the trigger guard. You push forward to take the safety off. Here is an example of a Remington Model 11 that I got a few years ago. Somebody put way too much money in it with custom wood and rust bluing because it was his dad's. This has to be the nicest Remington 11 in existence. http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti....aspx?Item=243909895

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
I have used a A-5 light 12 for years hunting upland birds and have never had a problem, but then I haven't ever used a shotgun fitted for a lefty. I probably don't know what I'm missing, but no problem with shells ejecting in my field of view or anything of that nature.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
Works just fine, I started with one in 1960. You can get a left hand safety from Brownells...it's a factory Browning part btw.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
The first new firearm I ever bought was a 3" Auto 5 32" vent barrel. That was in 1969 and I still have it. People say they take some getting used to but I have had mine so long I cant say. Hell of a duck and goose gun.

One of Us
Picture of urbaneruralite
posted Hide Post
What kind of non-toxic shot are you using in that 32" barrel?

Posts: 57 | Location: SE, US | Registered: 20 January 2006Reply With Quote