THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Favorite left handed YOUTH model?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite left handed YOUTH model?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted
Any of you guys have a favorite left handed youth model bolt gun?
My son shares my curse and I have vowed never to buy him a right handed bolt gun. I grew up as the only lefty in my house and had to shoot right handed guns and looked forward to owning a left handed bolt gun more than Christmas.

Remington makes a nice 700 Youth in 7mm/08 and .243Win. (I like .243 but I'm torn since at 20", the .243 will lose a bit of what makes it a great cartridge.)

Any other recommendations for left handed youth bolt guns?

ChetNC

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning makes the Micro Hunter in a lefty

One of Us
Picture of ChetNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CLK320:
Browning makes the Micro Hunter in a lefty

How did your son like it?

Posts: 348 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put a Timney Trigger spring in it and it shoots very well.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 22-250 in the micro and with my handloads it shoots extremely well,,until the barrel gets hot. I hear the 22 hornets are exceptional in the accuracy area also

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Hornet is very accurate. Almost any of the Browning micros in the short calibers will serve as a youth rifle. I also have lefty micros in 25 WSSM and 300WSM. The 25 could be loaded down now with lighter bullets and souped up once he grows.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2146 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote