THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Recession means no new leftys?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recession means no new leftys?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted
With this global recession I would presume left hand bolt rifles will be hard to get as manufacturers start to limit production to a trickle as demands drops off, any thoughts on this?

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
i sure hope i'll still b able to get ahold of a lefty or 2!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nesika Bay will build you anything you want in a lefty action. I don't think they build complete guns. Why settle for something "production" when you can have something custom-built-- exactly like you want it. Me, I want a lefty bolt with a righty port. In stainless...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The flow has aleays been a trickle, except from Savage.

When times are bad, we hear that "demand is low, it doesn't justify the expense of switching production to left-hand."

When times are good, we hear "demand for right-hand rifles is too high, we cannot switch production to left-hand."

Bide your time, and buy what you can when it becomes available.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Geroge said, or just use the lack of rifles as a good excuse to have one built from the ground up into a semi custom and be done with itSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted Hide Post
I really don't need any more lefty's but I said that after my first one!

CZ 527 .223Rem.
Winchester M70 .30/06
Winchester M70 .375H&H
Granite Mountain Arms magnum mauser .505Gibbs, action only

I just want to fill in the gaps between the above calibres

cheers
sjm

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjm:
I really don't need any more lefty's but I said that after my first one!

CZ 527 .223Rem.
Winchester M70 .30/06
Winchester M70 .375H&H
Granite Mountain Arms magnum mauser .505Gibbs, action only

I just want to fill in the gaps between the above calibres

cheers
sjm

What gaps? It looks like you have everything covered.

I'm glad I'm not you, I still need to buy a bunch more rifles. All I have in lefties are; 17hmr, 22lr, 223, 22.250, 243, 6.5-284, 308, 7 mag, 300 WSM and 375 H&H.

As you can see I have many more gaps to fill. Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
.25-06., 2 7mm Remmys, .300 RUM & Mod 70 .375. I'd like a .404 or a .458 Lott, but can't afford another Dakota right now... But there is a Searcy LH 470NE out there I'm lining up on, if the Gods smile next month...

Posts: 11729 | Location: Florida | Registered: 25 October 2006Reply With Quote