THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Lefty stock for a R/H Swede

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lefty stock for a R/H Swede
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted
Good morning gentlemen!

Due to any eye injury, I have been shoot R/H rifles from the "wrong side" for 30 years. Still shoot pistols R/H though. I tried a L/H rifle once, and it just seemed...wrong. I mastered a L/H bow, and I have a weakness for Savage rifles because of the tang safety.

Sorry for being long winded, Know for the question. This little
swede is a sweet shooter, it's been sporterized, and I'm thinking about slapping it in a decent figure walnut stock with a lefty cheek piece (for a reasonable price) It still has the military bbl. but it's in good shape. I'd be willing to rebarrel if it would make finding a stock easier.

Let me know if you have any ideas/suggestions.

Thanks
Joe

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Be very carefull shooting RH rifles from LH shoulder. I would shoot a LH rifle to protect your remaining eye sight. The gas relief on RH
rifle puts it line with a LH shooters right eye.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i shot rh rifles from my left shoulder for years and still do some with no problems.

try here they will make you one.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/

Posts: 181 | Location: virginia,usa | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The point is........its all well and good till you hit a hot load or a barrel obstruction and then gas and metal and maybe wood pieces come flying out and hittting your left eye which is within inches of the ejection port.
If that ever happens you will severly regret the day you did it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6611 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of acsteele
posted Hide Post
srw....THANKS A LOT!

Great. Swell. Now I have to DECIDE WHICH ONE.

4 kinds of Walnut, Maple, all the grades, then the laminates, then the styles............

Maybe I'll be restocking more than one rifle, 'cause I know I'll be second guessing myself as soon as I place the order!

Lt. Robert J. Dole, 10th Mountain, Italy.

Posts: 609 | Location: South-central KS | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a left-hand thumbhole fancy black walnut stock semi-inlet for a large ring right hand mauser action, with small barrel channel, probably could be used for your swede. email me for photos and price.
walt@buckmountainrifleworks.com

Posts: 324 | Location: VIRGINIA | Registered: 27 January 2007Reply With Quote