New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHat's the Price??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Help me out here. What would a fair price be for a used lefty Weaherby Accumaurk in 30-378 with a Nikon Monarch 4X 12 mounted on it.

It has been shot some and the trigger guard and bottom metal are a little scratched. Otherwise it looks to be in reasonable condition.

I'd like to buy it to shoot it some for awhile then re-sell it but I don't want to be in it too deep. It's at a local gun shop not on AR.

thanks

one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I would guess about $1200 but it all depends on condition. That rifle has the reputation as a real barrel burner so make sure it has not been abused before you buy it. Pay close attention to the throat area. These are nice rifles and can be very accurate, however the muzzle blast is incredible and if you ever shoot it with no ear protection it will damage your hearing.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you would be better served with a 300 Ultramag. I doubt the 30-378 offers any noticeable velocity increase.
The Rem 700 Ultramag is easier to come by, cheaper, brass is less expensive, and the Remington rifles will hold three down.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote