Subject: Message from Safari Classics Website

Sirs,
When will you be coming out with a left-handed Safari DG rifle. Have been
hearing rumors you are planning to start to manufacture them in the near
future.
Would like one in 458 Win. Mag.
Thanks,
Roger

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
dancing

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that is their standard answer everytime they are asked. I wish they would hurry up and get it done.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Anyone who waits for CZ (or any other action manufacturer) to produce what he wants is a fool.

Either build your big bore using an action that is currently available or forget about it.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Anyone who waits for CZ (or any other action manufacturer) to produce what he wants is a fool.

Either build your big bore using an action that is currently available or forget about it.

George

+1

I agree completely. CZ has been "next year" for about 5 years now.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, even Remington has begun shipping the Baikal Spartan .45-70 side-by-sides after what, two or three years of promises? Maybe CZ is still thinking about LH 550s.

And remember, CZ did try to sneak the MRC actions past us a while back (albeit in the irrelevant WSM chamberings), so they're not averse to supplying us lefties with product.

George

Well said, fool.... Big Grin

Posts: 4428 | Location: Queen Creek , Az. | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Roger:
Well, even Remington has begun shipping the Baikal Spartan .45-70 side-by-sides after what, two or three years of promises? Maybe CZ is still thinking about LH 550s.

And remember, CZ did try to sneak the MRC actions past us a while back (albeit in the irrelevant WSM chamberings), so they're not averse to supplying us lefties with product.

George

Well said, fool.... Big Grin

I am not waiting for a factory-built big-, small- or medium-bore anything. If they produce it, fine. If they don't, who cares?

With LH centerfire rifles from .17 to .470, I have more 'niche rifles' than I can use as it is. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know you do George, just funnin ya... Cool

posted Hide Post
Big Grin

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I posted this on another forum, but the top floor at CZ-USA tells me the factory hopes to have initial 550s in LH available for early 2009.

Just a messanger.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:
I posted this on another forum, but the top floor at CZ-USA tells me the factory hopes to have initial 550s in LH available for early 2009.

Just a messanger.

I've been told that management has approved left handed big bores for "next year" every year since 2004.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it's more fun than anything to get these emails from her. Believe it when I have one in hand...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are too late for most of us which already have a big bore or too many big bores, that might actually be an oxymoron. If not go get yourself a GMA action and have some fun building your own big bore.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
albeit in the irrelevant WSM chamberings

Irrelevant? Says who? WSM chamberings ain't irrelevant. Mine is relevant to me. What I can't figure out is why the gunmakers make so damned many rifles in right-hand configurations. You can get anything you want in right-hand. Us lefties are left suckin' hind teat. I'd like a nice Howa Model 1500 in left, but it ain't gonna happen...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
They're irrelevant as they are no better than the standard mags with lighter bullets, do not handle the heavier bullets as well since they intrude into the case more, and have the same recoil.

They were just a naked ploy to get people to buy a new gun with no additional performance advantage.

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
They're irrelevant as they are no better than the standard mags with lighter bullets, do not handle the heavier bullets as well since they intrude into the case more, and have the same recoil.

They were just a naked ploy to get people to buy a new gun with no additional performance advantage.

George

Amen George!
Because of their short little fat asses they are highly prone to feeding problems also.

Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of x-ring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by homebrewer:
quote:
albeit in the irrelevant WSM chamberings

Irrelevant? Says who? WSM chamberings ain't irrelevant. Mine is relevant to me. What I can't figure out is why the gunmakers make so damned many rifles in right-hand configurations. You can get anything you want in right-hand. Us lefties are left suckin' hind teat. I'd like a nice Howa Model 1500 in left, but it ain't gonna happen...

HB...I know it's an old post that I'm jumping in on, but you might consider this:

...it's something my LH buddies and I have decided is a blessing. Roll Eyes (4 of us locally--all hunters).

Why? Because we HAVE to pass on on those otherwise incredible rifles--the "steals" and the unobtainium ones--because they're wrong sided.

Hell, think how much money we've saved ourselves and trouble we've all avoided at the same time. Domestic tranquility and all. Right? Wink

Right?

It sucks to be right though. (pun intended).

Cheers, beer

-JR

RECTUM NON BUSTUS

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I emailed Alice for another fun, fun, fun update but she is traveling out of country right now. I'll certainly post her response since she always wrties back...

One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
I would have two on order right now if i had the word.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if the interest experessed by members of this forum is reflective of the rest of the hunters out there then it is a wise move for CZ to respond to the market's desires for these rifles.

and yeah, i'd have a couple on order as well...

One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I first contacted CZ in 2005 & was told "next year".
I contacted them in early 2007 & was told the same.
I'll ask them again in the Spring.....

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reply this morning from CZ's top floor resident is that factory continues to make progress on LH 550s and expected release date is early 2009.

Blah, blah, blah.