THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    My new 300wsm from Serengeti

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new 300wsm from Serengeti
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just received some pictures of my almost completed rifle along with a test target fired by Rod from the bench. Measured .483 for 3 shots at 100 yards using 180gr Hot-Cores. It is a real beauty with nice trim lines and a 23" #2 barrel. Should weigh about 7# or a little more before scoping. Should have it before Christmas. I will send pictures if I get my act together and figure out how to do it.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
This thread is USELESS without photos!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
This thread is USELESS without photos!

George

X2 Smiler

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
x3

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok guys I get the point. The pictures I received were not of the completed gun. No coating on the SS Barreled Action and no checkering. Should have the rifle in the next 2 weeks and I will get some pictures posted along with some others like a LH 12/12/30-06 Sauer Drilling and a 284 Alpha Grand Slam.

Posts: 595 | Location: camdenton mo | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
army aviator,

What kind of action is it? Give us some more details.

Rod is a really good guy. If I have a custom made I would like to use Serengeti.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is a Montana Arms 1999 ss that I have had in the Serengeti safe for several years. It has best grade wood, foreend tip, SereCote, Serengeti Action treatment, trigger breaks under 3lbs and test target has 3 rounds touching at .485" Barrel is 24" and some how the rifle actually says Serengeti not Montana Arms like my first one.

posted Hide Post
Pictures, man, pictures!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George see my post titled some of my rifles. The first two pictures in the Photo Bucket are this rifle.

posted Hide Post
Is this it? If so, it's nice!

George

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is the 300WSM that I just received. Will be taking it and its bigger brother the 376 Steyr that is also shown in the same group of pictures to Namibia and RSA in 07.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, that is beautiful. Just beautiful.

CSSA
CPC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wrongside:

Thanks for the kind words. Larry at Serengeti told he think this is one of the best looking blanks they have ever made into a stock and they have blanks that are twice as expensive. I put some extra money into the upgraded stock and I furnished the barreled action but I won the basic rifle in a Serengeti Raffle.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by army aviator:
quote:

Thanks for the kind words. Larry at Serengeti told he think this is one of the best looking blanks they have ever made into a stock and they have blanks that are twice as expensive. I put some extra money into the upgraded stock and I furnished the barreled action but I won the basic rifle in a Serengeti Raffle.

Well, it is nice, real nice. Now hunt that rifle like it deserves, it's way to nice to be a safe queen. Wink Sounds like you've got the right ideas, what with Nambia in 07.

CSSA
CPC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by army aviator:
quote:

Well, it is nice, real nice. Now hunt that rifle like it deserves, it's way to nice to be a safe queen. Wink Sounds like you've got the right ideas, what with Nambia in 07.

Well I have been invited to visit a place about 180 km East of Windhoek. I think I will be the first American client as this individual has mostly European clients and wants to get some American clients. He seems to have a great looking place with room for 6 or 3 couples but he likes to have 2 or less hunters as he wants to keep things personal. He can bring in other PHs if necessary. I think he has about 50,000 acres of his own hunting area. He also just got certified for bow hunting operations. I plan to stay for 7 nights then fly back to Kimberley for 8 night with the Serengeti Rifles group for some more hunting. Of course I will make a full report when I return. I am hoping the Namibia Safari will become the next Okanduks Siebe discovery. Both seem to be about the same size operation with personal service. Time will tell. I really don't believe in "Safe Queens" and try to get out with all my weapons once in a while. Went out on a pheasant hunt today and took a Sauer Drilling instead of an over under. I was a little slow finding the safety on a few of my shots but it sure made my wife happy to see the Drilling come out as she game it to me about 25 years ago for Christmas.l

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really don't believe in "Safe Queens" and try to get out with all my weapons once in a while.

That's good to hear. Always kind of saddens me when a guy pulls out a nice rifle at the range and says something like, " This ones to pretty to hunt, she just sees range time." Not right IMO.

Look forward to the report on your trip. Should be incredible, from the sounds of it. Good luck.

CSSA
CPC