THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    I'm no longer big bore challenged

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm no longer big bore challenged
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
After many years of waiting to add a 375 H&H to my collection, my wait is finally over.

I picked up my LH Winchester Model 70 Safari Express 375 H&H on Saturday. I bought it off gunbroker as "Like new in box" and I'll be darned if I can find a single handling mark anywhere on it. Definitely exceeds my expectations. I'll have to get to the range this weekend.

Now I have a new problem. About a year ago, I also placed an order for a LH MRC Chrome moly magnum action so I could build a 375 H&H. I sort of gave up on ever receiving the action, when I stumbled upon the 375 on gunbroker and made an "impulse buy". Well guess what? I'm sitting here holding both my new 375 and my new MRC action. For now, the MRC action will sit in the safe until I decide what to do. Maybe I'll build a 458 Lott or something, although I don't need another big bore. Or maybe I'll sell/trade the MRC magnum action for a smaller action and build the wife a 25-06.

One problem solved and another created Roll Eyes

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Better too many than not enough when it comes to lefty rifles and parts.

How about a 300 H&H to go with the .375? Cool

I've always wanted that combo of rifles to take to Africa.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 681 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you been waiting a year for a LH Montana then either your dealer did not submit the order or MRC lost it.
The last MRC I bought (LH 458 Lott) took about 3-4 months to arrive at my dealers after I placed the order. This all happened within the last six months.
Regaurdless, congrats on the LH #70. They are sweet.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
gs,

Congratulations on your new Winchester Model 70. If you end up being as pleased with yours as I'm with mine you'll be a Happy Camper.

Tuck that MRC action away in the back of the gunsafe like a good Bordeaux and let it age - ya never know what may become of it....

Big Grin

it may magically morph itself into; say, a 404 Jeffery.....?

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
If you been waiting a year for a LH Montana then either your dealer did not submit the order or MRC lost it.

I placed the order myself. I'll have to try to look back for the exact date, but I placed the order back when they were having supply issues. I'm pretty sure it was back around January/February. Never the less, MRC kept me informed and they have been great to deal with. I'm real impressed with the action. I understand it's a "gunsmith" action that requires final fit and finish.

Posts: 521 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My McMillan stock has not yet arrivied for it but I tried playing around seeing how it would feed and eject without being stocked and it seems ok.
I did notice this one is a little more stiff to operate than the last one I had. Once the stock arrivies I plan on working the action a few 100 times with 600-800 grit polishing compound.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote