Find
Notify
Tools

Left Handed 22 Hornet
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted
Anyone have a recommendation for a left handed 22 hornet, outside of Cooper, Kimber of Oregon or Anschutz? Does anyone else even make one?

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did you consider a LH Encore. I have one in 22 Hornet. It has been a little finicky so far. My group's are about 1-1/4 inches at 100 yards. I am pretty sure I will do better. Below is a picture of a LH Encore. It is not my Hornet, but It is a replica of my Hornet. Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Browning Micro Medallion- I will get one some day when I have the $ - I handled one in 223 in the store a few months ago - light, compact, tand safety - wow!

Posts: 168 | Location: Lyndonville, NY USA, en route to Central Square | Registered: 24 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I did end up picking up a browning. While I've never been a huge fan of the A-bolt, I must say that it's a pretty well finished rifle for the price. I took it to the range to break it in. Using 13 grains of Lil'Gun and 46 gr. Sierra soft points, I was able to get a few .75 inch groups, and that was with a 10-20 mph gusting cross wind. I didn't have a chance to chrony these, so I don't know what I was getting for velocity. I plan on trying the 45 gr. XLC and 36 gr. V-Max down the road.

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
I did end up picking up a browning. While I've never been a huge fan of the A-bolt, I must say that it's a pretty well finished rifle for the price. I took it to the range to break it in. Using 13 grains of Lil'Gun and 46 gr. Sierra soft points, I was able to get a few .75 inch groups, and that was with a 10-20 mph gusting cross wind. I didn't have a chance to chrony these, so I don't know what I was getting for velocity. I plan on trying the 45 gr. XLC and 36 gr. V-Max down the road.

My LH Browning 22 Hornet turned in it's best group of .383" ( 3 shots at 100 yds) with 13.0 gr Lil Gun and 40 gr Moly V Max bullets, Rem 6 1/2 primer.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Back when the little C Daly minis were available I got some of the little actions and two in the Hornet. I was able to make the lefty 223 action work ok with the hornet. Took a bit but it did work. The "K" worked better.
Aloha, Mark

When the fear of death is no longer a concern----the Rules of War change!!

Posts: 978 | Location: S Oregon | Registered: 06 March 2004Reply With Quote