New
Find
Notify
Tools

M70 Classic SS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What do you guys think of this auction? I was bidding but dropped out a $880, it ended at $1000. Is that what a LH long action is really worth?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=124505330

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Depends how bad you want one

I recently paid about that for the same thing, after looking for months & months.

Just remember, there are Right hand Mod 70's going for more than that, and they made a hole pile more RH than LH!

Far as I can tell, there isnt alot of them around

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ohiosam:
What do you guys think of this auction? I was bidding but dropped out a $880, it ended at $1000. Is that what a LH long action is really worth?

http://www.gunbroker.com/Aucti...m.asp?Item=124505330
Under the current pricing scheme, I don't think it's particularly bad. Especially since the left-handed stainless Model 70s were only made for one or two years.

Posts: 17 | Location: Out There | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
I'll just say it's a good thing I didn't see it. My youngest son shoots leftie, because he has a left master eye, but is right handed. All his bolt rifles are right hand models, and I'd have given $1000 for that rifle in a heart beat, and maybe a little more because that rifle was clean! coffee

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate to bust your bubble but i was lucky enough to purchase a lefty 7mag for 600.00 and as far as i have been able to find that was a steal.

Posts: 81 | Location: whidbey island | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by derf9.3:
I hate to bust your bubble but i was lucky enough to purchase a lefty 7mag for 600.00 and as far as i have been able to find that was a steal.

this 7 mag was Stainless Steel?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Had one in .300 Winny that I wished I'd have never sold! Oh well, hindsight is always 20/20!

Posts: 203 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Owned two of the lefty SS's. Both were junk to be honest, very heavy, not accurate at all. One had to have a new chamber cut.
On the other hand all the blued Win 70 rifles I have are pretty good.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a 338 at one time. Wasn't very impressed. First thing I did was order a McMillan stock for it. What good is stainless with walnut?

The scope mount holes were drilled crooked, so using non-adjustable mounts was not even possible, unless using a scope with about 6 feet of windage adjustment.

And I had two of the newer WSM's. And wasn't to excited about those either.

I guess Ruger would get my nod any day over Winchester.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sold a LH Win 70 SS 06 it was very accurate
and had no problems. But it was heavy IMHO
1K seems seems like a very good price for a
limited SS LH rifle. The quality on the new
SS LH 375 Ruger makes me not miss my Win.

kk alaska