THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH - ULA Model 28S in 300 WSM

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH - ULA Model 28S in 300 WSM
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted
Have this gun posted in "Classifieds". Just doesn't get any use as my 270 WSM ULA is my "go to" rifle!

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Came to my senses and decided to keep!

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
That was a sound decision (unless you really needed cash). If you ever find yourself in need of a slightly bigger hammer, have Mel rebarrel that .300WSM to .338 Win. Mag. (my choice) or .350 Rem. Mag. You'd have black timber elk and bear hunters lining up for it.

NULA makes fine rifles; I had wanted one at one point, but the original ULA was bought, and subsequently run into the ground by USRAC and that was the end of that.

No offense intended, but I have no interests in the WSMs, whatsoever. There is no real ballistic benefit over the corresponding 'short' Win. Mags., and I abhor the manufacturers' penchant for hyperbole about their latest supposed 'wonder cartridges'.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
NULA makes fine rifles; I had wanted one at one point, but the original ULA was bought, and subsequently run into the ground by USRAC and that was the end of that.
You mean Colt. And a .338 Winchester will require a long action; I believe since Chris' rifle is a .300 WSM it is a NULA Model 28 Short.

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:
You mean Colt. And a .338 Winchester will require a long action; I believe since Chris' rifle is a .300 WSM it is a NULA Model 28 Short.

You're right on both counts, of course. It was Colt, not USRAC, which only ran itself into the ground Big Grin, and I forgot the difference between the M-28 that I wanted, and the M-28S Chris has.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
George: I agree on the hype issue with WSM's. I bought (2) ULA's in consecutive serial numbers for light hunting rigs; not based on the hype! Although the 270 WSM does slightly out perform the 270 Win. By the way, these are both ULA's, NOT NULA's!

take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member