New
Find
Notify
Tools

700 action needed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Looking for a 700 short action or ultra mag action anyone know where I can get one without paying for a whole rifle price.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nesika Bay makes a 700 clone that will blow away its parentage. Pay the extra bucks, go first class and really have something. They offer a slew of different models, all based on the 700. Most custom actionmakers offer an action based on the 700 because it is so popular. Yes, they are expensive, but you start at the top-- you won't have to work up over the coming years and spend the money as you go. Do it now and have a fine base for any new rifle you want having the same boltface diameter...

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mohunt:
Looking for a 700 short action or ultra mag action anyone know where I can get one without paying for a whole rifle price.

By the time you pay the price of a 700 action, and have any work done to it, you might as well get a Jim Borden action, like his Alpine.

You won't be sorry.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

posted Hide Post
Check Brownell's. They used to sell 700 actions, and may still do so.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see an outfit called Sportsman's Safari on Gunbroker says they have some long action left hand magnum bolt face actions. I found it while looking at the short action 308 face action, which by the way has a $50 rebate, don't know if this goes for the lefties or not. They also claim Remington is quitting the action market. I may just have to pick up one of these for an unforseen project down the road, I guess I could always sell it too!

Posts: 90 | Location: Where the rivers run north...MT | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With Quote