THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    M70 lefty in 300WIN (looking for one)

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

M70 lefty in 300WIN (looking for one)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anybody ever see a Win M70 CRF in 300WIN Classic (lefty, of course) up for sale? Walnut/blued.
I am jones'in to get one in my possession.

What should/would be a reasonable price for one lightly used as well as "as new" or NIB?

I've recently really caught the Winnie fever bad and keep wanting more and more. Problem is finding the dang things with the bolt on the "right" side!

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lots on the market, blued, used in good shape, 600-800.
SS, add a couple of hundred.
But I have owned two different lh ss in 300 wm and they were both pieces of junk. Stay with the blued versions

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You might want to look at a left-hand Ruger M77 Hawkeye in .300 Win Mag. I've got one that shoots any 165-180 grain bullets, both factory fodder and handloads, in sub-MOA groups. Ruger has inproved their triggers a lot, and the rifle has CRF. I'm very happy with mine.

Regards,
Bill.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scottyboy-
I bought a slightly used LH Mod 70 in 300 WM off of Gunbroker about 6 mo. ago. It had been bedded (professionally) and had a muzzle brake for $675.
I've since had the brake cut off and the barrel cut to 25". It shoots lights out w/ 168 & 180 TTSX's. I've ordered a McMillan just for grins. It should be a nice rig when I'm done. I also bought a LH Mod 70 in 7mmM about the same time that was next to new for $695 but I haven't shot it yet.
Good luck in your search.
Regards,
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Scottyboy,
I just pulled the barrel of a factory LH 300 Win Mag and have no use for it. If you find one in another caliber and would like to change over let me know….will sell you the barrel cheap! Its 26” Blue…never fired the gun so can’t tell you how it shoots.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input, guys.

On the auction sites, it is usually an all out war to get a crf lefty when they come up!

Roscoe, I may know someone who would want that barrel. I will let you know of he does.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rugers are easy to find. If you have a good local FFL source they can sometimes be found from the bigger wholesalers for around $500 (blued/walnut).

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Na.. I've got the Winnie bug..

Rugers are good guns but they just don't do "it" for me like a good Winchester does.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rugers are good guns but they just don't do "it" for me like a good Winchester does.

Some would argue there hasn't been a good Winchester since 1964. I'm inclined to agree, with the exception of the new guns made in SC, but so far they have made no LH rifles for us Southpaws.

Regards,
Bill.

Regards,
Bill.

Posts: 258 | Location: Williamsburg, VA | Registered: 27 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was on the telly with Winchester this past week about a new extractor I needed and they told me, in direct response to my direct question, that it was machined. I got it, it's cast, it ejects about 15 feet and they will speak to me by phone next week but that's another story.

The parts guy did tell me the LH guns will be out later in 2011 with the usual suspects showing up first and then followed by a couple of big bores. He was unclear about whether SS will be offered.

That is all.

Jeff

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The era of left hand Winchester Classic 70's was also the era that they couldn't even get the scope mount holes on the receiver in line.

I had a stainless 338. The wood stock looked out of place with the stainless, so I put it in a McMillan. After that, the gun looked really good, but never shot that great. I was only shooting 100 yards with it, so it wasn't too much of an issue, but nevertheless, I wasn't sad to sell it and move on.

I'd buy a Ruger or Tikka any day over a lefty Win.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture of my LH Model 70 300WM. Not for sale though Big Grin

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stainless lefty Win 70 just sold on Gunbrokers for the mid $800 range. Two years ago that same rifle would of sold for $1,200-1,300.
Values they are a dropping!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found one guys by posting this!! Its a classic sporter. We are hashing out the details over the next few days. We came to a good price on the gun that is fair.

Got a few PMs from guys with them.. Some are more proud of their lefty guns than others.. You'd think that some think that when a gun they own is a lefty, it comes with a 14K barrel!!

Jeff, I LIKE the looks of that bad boy! Very nice looking rig.. It screams mountain goat and ibex hunting to me! Who is the stock made by? I may have to rig the classic out like yours for my mountain hunts. Looks great!

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
There's one on Calguns (not mine)
Here's the link:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunf...wthread.php?t=307006

Winchester Model 70 .300 Win Mag (Lefty)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The rifle is in perfect condition. I have only put 25 rounds through it to sight it in at 100yds. I am the 2nd owner. friend of mine was the 1st owner and he only put 25 rounds through it.

Walnut stock and barrel are in perfect condition.

A brand new Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 was put on it.
Even have cleaning rods for it.

$875 obo for the package. all fees/shipping paid by buyer.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank

wonder if you could get the pics off that site and PM them to me? I cannot see them without being a member of that site..

Seems and sounds like a good deal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't think this one has the 14k barrel.

Posts: 295 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:

Jeff, I LIKE the looks of that bad boy! Very nice looking rig.. It screams mountain goat and ibex hunting to me! Who is the stock made by? I may have to rig the classic out like yours for my mountain hunts. Looks great!

It's an Echols Legend. You can get the stock from D'arcy Echols. They are made for him to his specs by McMillan.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scottyboy:
Frank

wonder if you could get the pics off that site and PM them to me? I cannot see them without being a member of that site..

Seems and sounds like a good deal.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12589 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote