THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Left hand 20 ga. semi auto

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left hand 20 ga. semi auto
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am going to Argentina for doves in Sept. I would like to take a left hand 20. ga. semi auto, but apparently no one makes one today. I know Rem. used to make one in the 1100 but I can't find one at Gunbroker or GunsAmerica. Never been there before but hundreds of rounds per day is too many for a 12 ga. and and O/U is too light. Any of you more experienced have any suggestions ? Mike

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" - Emerson

Posts: 106 | Location: Rockwall, Texas | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ramrod,

Checkout Benelli, I believe they make their guns in 20 ga. auto. I own a left hand version, but in 12 ga.

Posts: 156 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
I would check out Remington.com also. I think they still make a LH auto but it may be the 1187. Just a thought.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last I checked there wasn't any new LH auto 20's availible. I emailed Benelli last year and there reply was that the cordoba would not be offered in a LH 20ga. They can change the safety to left hand operation

Posts: 283 | Location: SW Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Ramrod,
Have you fired an 1100 RH model? I used to shoot skeet very competitively with 1100s and was not bothered by the ejection. See if it works for you. I'm currently looking for an 1100 20ga just for recoil reduction.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Plenty of 20 gauge 1100's still out there! 11-87 would be another good choice. Make sure you bring 2 guns as the volume of shooting can disable a gun. The outfitter might also have guns you can use so you don't have to go through the hassle of importing guns or having any malfunction problems.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote