THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Advice on custom rifle project

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice on custom rifle project
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Mdl.70 L.H. .338win.mag. C.Moly wood stock. I would like to have it rebarreled to 375 HH.mag. I have a Williams one piece trigger guard assy. which I would like installed.I have decided on the following componets. M.R.C. no.4 contour ss.bbl. 22'' long. N.E.G barrel band front sight. Brockman scope bases with built in peep sight and bbl. channel mounted front sling stud.What parts do I need for the magazine where do I get them? Will pillar bedding the action be enough to protect stock from damage from heavier recoil? Do I need to make any other changes such as a better or different extracter? Any comments welcome. I also have a Carl Gustave L.H. action and was if any one was aware of source for a stock either wood or syn.This action I believe is a mdl.8000 kinda looks like a Rem.700.

Posts: 45 | Location: saskatchewan,canada | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Welcome to AR.

If your extractor is MIM'ed, replace it with a spring steel extractor from Williams Firearms. Also, replace the magazine spring with one from Wisner.

'Glass- or steel-bed the recoil lug mortise. Pillars are not for handling recoil; they're used to avoid compression of the wood when tightening down the action screws.

Not that you asked, but I think your barrel is a bit short; 24" gives better handling, in my case, anyway.

Try Numrich to see if they have any stocks for a LH Carl Gustav.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks George, I not sure what the extracter is made of but looks kinda tinny to me as does the bottom metal. As to the bbl. I have a .416rem. built on a M.R.C action to the same blueprint and it has a 22'' bbl. which I really like.I,ll check out Numrich,s site.

Posts: 45 | Location: saskatchewan,canada | Registered: 07 August 2007Reply With Quote