New
Find
Notify
Tools

Montana Rifles PH lefties
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone have an idea how long and if we will ever see these actions? I'm on the list for 1 when they get "enough" firm orders. Havn't noticed them updating their web page, so.....will it or won't it? A fellow lefty wants the goods.

I know I could call, but.....just get the canned answer, has anyone got a feel for this?
LT

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
LT,

They haven't even sold out the 'charter run' of RH versions; I think it will be a very long time before the LH versions become a reality.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What George said. I doubt LH PH will ever happen. I would not give them an interest-free idefinite-term loan against an improbability.

H. C.

A further thought from someone with two LH long actions sitting in a drawer.

These actions do not come ready to barrel and shoot. They are very rough. At best, some of the casting marks are buffed off, but not all of them. Look at spending a few hundred on cosmetic metal finising, and then start slicking up the inside. Add these costs to the cost of the action. Are you already ahead of a common LH Model 70 in 7 mm RM? How much experience does your gunsmith have working on these actions? How many extra hours of your gunsmith's education do you want to finance by paying him to work on something unfamiliar? Are you close to the price of a Dakota? I've got something like $2000 in my off-the-shelf LH Classic Safari Express 375 so far, and I hate the stock and haven't even put a scope on it yet.

Posts: 3691 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 23 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rats, but that's what I thought.
As far as an intrest free loan, I wouldn't have given them that, unless there were a definate time line. I remember what happened last time. I did give them a CC number and permission to charge it when they were ready to deliver. That's over a year ago. I hope they get going, otherwise I will call them and cancel

thanks for the responses.

LT

Posts: 484 | Location: SLC, UT | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It took almost 15 months to get my chrome moly LH standard length action, but when it showed it was ready to barrel. My 'smith said it needed very little work...

Posts: 4748 | Location: TX | Registered: 01 April 2005Reply With Quote