THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Help with a LH Win .375 H&H price

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with a LH Win .375 H&H price
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted
Can any of you gents (or ladies) help me with accurate pricing on a Winchester (recent) left-hand .375 H&H? Granted, my Gun Value (bluebook) is a couple of years old, but the prices on Gunbroker are WAY over what a 99% or sometimes even a 100% is listed for. Yes, I've got the right model. Same,exact model in RH (even includes a cheap scope) is almost $1,200.00 cheaper. Is the LH seller just dreaming, hoping to get 2K?

I don't HAVE to have a .375. I just like the round; sold my dog of a LH Mauser, and have some ammo left. 'Headed to Zim this summer and can take a .416 Rigby (RH) I have. 'Just wanted y'all's opinion. Thanks.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I browse most buy & sells frequently. 2k for a LH Winny is about right. I have seen them cheaper, but they dont last long. Typically they sell pretty quick, even when they are 1800-2000.

I couldnt justify it, so I had an MRC built exactly how I wanted, mind you it cost more than 2k, it is EXACTLY how I want it.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found that because they are left hand and no longer made (less of them out there), they're getting more $. Look at the price for a LH CZ. They're getting 1700$ new from the factory.

NOt sure if I'd sell my LH 375 M70. May never shoot it unless I head to Africa (hopefully), but I have it in case I do.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
For that kinda scratch I would buid one....It cost me about $2200 soup to nuts for Stiller Predator action, Jewell trigger, McMillian, Hart barrel....that includes the smith fee to put her all together.

posted Hide Post
Are you referring to the .375 left hand winnie on Gun broker? 1990.00?
That very rifle has been on and off GB for a long time, at least a year.
I've never seen a single bid on it at 1990.00

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are worth what someone will pay. They seem to sell rather easily at $1,400 - 1,500. Higher than that they sit for awhile.

You can build a new stainless MRC and drop it into a McMillan stock for about $1,500. Add extra for iron sights.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys.
KennethRay - Yeah, I know I'd seen it for a while and I suspected what you noticed.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
There was one on Auction Arms earlier in the week for around 1600.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Double-D
posted Hide Post
"They are worth what someone will pay." I have two of them one is from the last production that I bought new off the shelf for the regular price. I cant remember but it was around 1,200 bucks. A liitle over a year ago I came accross one of the very first left hand .375's built, the fit the finish the bluing was so damn nice, plus a great piece of wood, I couldnt get the 1,800 bucks out of my pocket fast enough. The first one is thicker in the grip and a little straiter in the stock and the finish isnt all that special, it is on the way to becoming a .416. If you look around at the options for us lefties 2,000 bucks all of a sudden aint to bad, plus I dont see them going down in price. So in 5 years "unless they go into left hand production again" I bet the price will be more maybe a lot more. There's my two bits for what it is worth.