Find
Notify
Tools

A wacky idea?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I have noticed that some DG rifle experts in Zim claim the three position safety is "better" on the opposite side. So for a right-hander the safety lever would be on the left side, for a left-hander on the right side, the opposite of the factory Model 70 Winchesters.

Here's my wacky idea, if there is a lefty out there with a left-hand model 70 who wants to change safeties to get the safety on the other side, could he just swap with the safety found on a right hand Model 70? If that would work I would be willing to switch.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I agree that the M70 safety is on the wrong side but I don't know if they can drop right into a righty action. It's a great question to ask on the Gunsmith forum.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote