THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    What is the dope on Savage Rofle performance?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the dope on Savage Rofle performance?
 Login/Join

posted
Are these LH rifles accurate? I'm in the market
and their Weather Warrior looks great on paper. Does any one have any first hand experience? Say 270 to 30 caliber.

Posts: 18 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: 23 December 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Sorry for my typos the Question Should have read What is the dope on these rifles rifles

Posts: 18 | Location: Central Mississippi | Registered: 23 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Straight out of the box, I don't think that you can find a more accurate production rifle than the modern Savages. The floating bolt head and the new accu-trigger really seem to make their rifles perform.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would agree as I have one in 7 Rem Mag and another in .308 , they are extremely accurate

for production guns . With tuned hand loads they can be competitive shooters .IMO

Posts: 4485 | Location: Planet Earth | Registered: 17 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just bought a .223. Shoots the first reloads I tried down to about .5 moa.
Feeds like crap, waiting for Savage to return it as we speak. Hope they fix it as I really like it.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Savages are accurate. I owned an older model 110DL in 270 that shot factory ammo into 1" and I currently have a 7mm-08 11FL that will shoot 3 shots into less than 3/4" with several bullet weights. Best group was <0.5".

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have owned 3 of the 110 variants....all were accurate right out of box.....

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 3 savage lefty rifles

22-250 model 12 heavy brl
22-250 mod 110 reg brl
7mm mag 111
they all shoot great
but i'd check out the tikka t3,i bought one last yr in 270win,great shooter,great trigger,very light weight.

Posts: 181 | Location: virginia,usa | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish they would step up to the plate and make there 210 slug gun in lefty.

Posts: 1288 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
I have a model 10flp in .308 that is .75moa with federal gold medal match 168gr. Absolutely love that gun!

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oddbod
posted Hide Post
I see Savage has announced their 2009 line-up & a new "Accustock" with an aluminium spine that's available to us lefties.

Posts: 610 | Location: Cumbria, UK | Registered: 09 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Am using a savage lh action as the base of my new cast boolit gun 450marlin clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote