THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    FS LH 375 Ruger "Alaskan" SPF

Moderators: GeorgeS

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
FS LH 375 Ruger "Alaskan" SPF
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've decided to sell my LH 375 Ruger Hawkeye "Alaskan".
Matte Stainless and Laminated stock. 20" barrel.
All the details can be seen in several other topics here on the Lefty forum.
Judging from what I've read, this was a quite limited run Ruger put out, but didn't advertise.

I bought this on impulse several months ago, and I've decided my old 375 H&H is better suited for my tastes. Plus, there's only room in the barn for one 375. It's been shot 21 times, for the first 10, it was fired once then cleaned, since then it's been shot three times then cleaned. Copper fouling seemed to reduce around shot 8. I've tried 1 load in her, a 235 grain Speer that shot a bit over 1 MOA. So I think it'll shoot quite well with a bit of load development.

The rifle has a couple of minor scratches in the barrel finish, honestly I'm not too impressed with Ruger's Matte finish and how it's held up. I haven't taken the rifle hunting let alone in a vehicle and somehow it's managed to get scratched. The scratches are nothing horrid, and I've had a hard time picking them up with my cheap digital camera, but they are there, so if you're looking for a NIB rifle, this isn't quite it. If you'd like an awesome bear gun, you've come to the right place Smiler There are also several small compression marks and scratches on the stock. I can email pics of all of these marks to any interested parties, or may post them later.

Also included are 47 rounds of Hornady brass, 27 of which are primed with CCI 250's, and 20 once fired. Somehow I already managed to lose 3 out of the original 50 purchased. A set of Redding dies are also included.

I'd entertain possible trades for:
Remington or Ruger Lefties
Kimber Montana - no WSMs
Anschutz or comparable left hand small bore competition rifles
SxS shotguns

Edit: Also placed on the 24hourcampfire classifieds. Thanks for looking!

Sold Pending Funds
Thanks!

Posts: 90 | Location: Where the rivers run north...MT | Registered: 09 January 2008
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dropped the price a bit - now $800

Posts: 90 | Location: Where the rivers run north...MT | Registered: 09 January 2008
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SPF