New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger Hawkeye??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am in the process of buying a new LH-Ruger Hawkeye-375 Ruger Cartridge. In the African configuration. I would like to have the rifle ported. Can the rifle be mag-na-ported without changing or moving the factory front sight?? I would prefer not to put an extended muzzle brake on the rifle. And I would like to magna-port the rifle. I triedto E-Mail Magna-port. but my computer would not let me for some reason. Has anyone done this?? Tom.

WEST BY GOD VIRGINIA

Posts: 248 | Location: RIVESVILLE, WV | Registered: 20 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think I've seen a pic of it done before where the slits were drilled right through the barrel and banded front sight with no troubles.

Why the magnaport? Not that much rise I would imagine in the first place which is the point of the system - reduce muzzle flip.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It only would spend money to significantly reduce the value of the rifle.

Better yet, change the pad, and possibly install a merc tube in the stock. Adds some weight, but it can easily be reversed by removing it.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I f you are considering porting, you apparently don't value your hearing. The Ruger 375s don't kick that bad. Rather than cut my stock I took off the factory pad and installed a steel plate, as I have such short arms.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2147 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Tom,

I doubt the .375 Ruger would need Mag-na-porting, but if you insist, contact SSK Industries over in Steubenville, Ohio. They perform this service and are closer to you than Mag-na-port Intl. in Michigan.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote