THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Good deal on a Winchester M70

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good deal on a Winchester M70
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Was in my local gun shop after work today. Asked if they had any new left hand bolt guns. They showed me a Winchester M70 LH Featherweight in 270 WSM with a 3-9X Nikon Buckmasters scope. Like new. Told them I'd buy it if they threw in a box of shells.

Came home with me for less than $600 out the door.

Any one shooting a 270 WSM?

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a couple of the same rifles. One built by Hill Country Rifles. Very accurate, light and a joy to carry. It is so smooth it will even feed and eject empty cases as smooth as butter.
Great find!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of unclelucky55
posted Hide Post
Might be interested - CRF ?

Posts: 48 | Location: Western Oregon | Registered: 22 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All left handed Win 70's are control round feed. They never made em any other way.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did not know that, guess you can learn something every day.

Posts: 295 | Location: San Angelo, TX | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Greg,

You're a thief! Big Grin

$600 with a scope AND a box of shells?

Great deal, albeit chambered for a cartridge I've never cared about.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg K:
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
Greg,

Great deal, albeit chambered for a cartridge I've never cared about.

George

It looks like I can load it to 270 Win. ballistics using XMR4350 powder. I really don't need a WSM here in the east, but I couldn't pass it up at the price.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
That's a fantastic deal. I think that's less than the original retail price AND you got a scope and some ammo! Congrats on the new purchase.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote