Find
Notify
Tools

CZ550
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted
I just ordered a CZ550 Left Hand from AHR. Wayne offered a good deal with his Number Two upgrade. The basic rifle was a little more than I wanted to pay but the overall package is quite reasonable. I am very excited and hope to see the rifle in about 6 to 8 weeks. It will be chambered in 375 H & H and will be devastating on plainsgame. I am very excited especially after my deal on the SS Ruger 375 fell through. I may be old fashioned but I rather have the H & H anyway, it is just a tradition thing to me.

Now my only problem is whether or not to buy my wife that fine 9.3 by 62 he has in stock.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I don't think that anyone would ever say that the 375 H&H shouldn't go to Africa. I know that there's no way that mine wouldn't go for any trips that I take there.

What's the list price on a lefty 550 and how long's the delivery time?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Cant wait to see it Mike.........keep us updated.

It seems as though the AHR website has been minimized to tray on my PC for the last 5 days........I'm really, really thinking!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Please excuse my ignorance but who or what is AHR?
Thanks,
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
American Hunting Rifles , I think they may very well be doing my next build........check 'em out.

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
Wow, a 404 Jeffrey would be something I could see in my future.

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
What's the list price on a lefty 550 and how long's the delivery time?

Frank,

I should have the rifle in about 8 weeks (maybe a little sooner)

The list price every where else (other than AHR) I checked was $1800 to $2000.00.

Call Wayne at AHR he can give you a quote.