New
Find
Notify
Tools

left hand 9.3x62
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have been looking and looking for the lefty 9.3 and just can not find one. If i have to build one what action do you recommend. I would like to keep the price down under a 1000.00 dollar bill. I have been slowly but shurly selling my right handed rifles and replaceing them with leftys. I just accuired a remington and a winchester, and i was looking in my safe and i realized i would really like a 9.3 to finsh off my battery.

Question:
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a left handed 9.3x62?

Choices:
Maybe a remington would be nice.
I was thinking changing one of my winchesters but i really do not want to do that.

Posts: 81 | Location: whidbey island | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I want to have the same as you so my bright idea was to take a Ruger 77 Mark 2 and rebarrel it or re bore it to the 9.3. Either option seems economical to me.

Posts: 9474 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took a LH Win 70 in 270 and had Pac=Nor put a SS 22" 9,3 X 62 barrel on it same contour. Addded sights and McMillan Edge stock. Very nice rifle, second choice would be a Ruger LH
SS Action rebarreled.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just sold one to a fellow who posts here occasionally. He might be persuaded to sell it. He would have to contact you. I won't divulge his name.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it were me I would buy a MRC action and then save up some extra coin for a nice barrel and then a stock.
I realize it goes beyond your budget but if its worth doing its worth doing correctSmiler

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I want to have the same as you so my bright idea was to take a Ruger 77 Mark 2 and rebarrel it or re bore it to the 9.3. Either option seems economical to me.

I would think this would be the best option and would guess it could be done close to the $1000 price. The remington option would also work however many would suggest a CRF action for a 9.3 build...me being one of them. I understand SAKO plans to offer their new 9.3 on a LH 85 action. Again a push feed however it may be your only factory option...if they ever hit the market. If it were me I would find a winchester or a mauser and do it right. You will be happier in the long run.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know if they are imported to the U. S., but I picked up an Antonio Zoli Model 1900 in factory left hand 9.3x62mm from Frankonia Jagd in Germany.

It is a push feed, unfortunatley. It does, however, shoot exceptionaly well, less than MOA, and has bagged seven African game animals, a few Roe and Boar in Germany.

Best of luck in finding a left handed 9.3 or in getting something modified, it is a great round.

Don

Life Member SCI &, NRA

Posts: 161 | Location: Reno NV and Betty's Bay RSA | Registered: 13 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Buy a Ruger Hawkeye and rebarrel. Or better still, get a Ruger Hawkeye in .375 Ruger and do the 9.3 one up!

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Until and unless I subscribe, this may be my last comment. I think I'll wander over to NitroExpress and see what's happening there.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
Until and unless I subscribe, this may be my last comment. I think I'll wander over to NitroExpress and see what's happening there.

Confused

Dont get it!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Tikka made a few in a 9.3x62. I've held one. My blaser R93 I have in a 9.3 and it shoots excellent. Two choices

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Did Sako at one time not offer a LH 9.3X62?

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
derfie,

I had a Zastava re-barreled from .30/06 Sprg. to 9.3x62. Easy conversion; the gunsmith said he installed the barrel, ran a few dummy rounds through the chamber and called me to come pick it up. It's never missed a lick in 9 years.

Of course several years later Zastava (at least in print - never saw one) included the 9.3x62 in their L/H offerings.

Now sadly, there are no L/H rifles either depicted nor mentioned on Zastava's website.

I wish you luck in your endevour; the 9.3x62 is a great cartridge; recoil similar to a .30/06 Sprg. with 220 grainers (& on steroids) but with terminal performance all outa proportion to it's size.

I'd opt for a L/Hed Winchester Model 70 and re-barrel but not one of your rifles - get another.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the information gents. I think i have made my mind up on a Ruger action, SS a benchmark barrel, because they are just down the road and an accurate arms stock to complete the job. To top it off a 1.5X6 Loupold VXIII. I know this will go over the thousand mark but like most of you have said, if it is worth doing do it right. For me this is right. Again thanks alot for the info.

Posts: 81 | Location: whidbey island | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote