THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Ruger 375 With McMillan stock

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger 375 With McMillan stock
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Here are the photos some of you asked me for of the McMillan for my 375 Ruger. Think I ordered it 40% dark brown, 40% light brown, and 20% black.
It really shocked me how well the combo looks, in person it almost passes for wood.
http://i26.photobucket.com/alb...wolfe/rugerright.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/alb...wwolfe/rugerleft.jpg

It is difficult to get the pattern to show up as it is dark.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks great. I guess I'll have to get one too now.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice Snowwolfe.

Do you find the ergonomics to be better than the Hawkeye stocks? I am liking the Hawkeye stock alot better than the old MII, personally.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good question and unfortunately I do not have a solid answer for you. Really did not dislike the factory stock but after shooting the Ruger decided it was a keeper and decided to upgrade it as I had a $100 off coupon for a McMillan.
To be fair though I have not yet shoot it since adding the the McMillan. That will not happen until we return from moose hunting.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6618 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe-
Well if you're not taking the 375 Ruger, what are you taking? I know I'm taking mine beginning tomorrow. 1" w/260 Accubonds at 2775. What's not to like?
Cheers and good luck.
Scott

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Taking my double Chapuis and my S&W 500. Will switch out each day and see what developesSmiler Shot my moose last year with the double and it was an absolute hoot! But this year my priority is for my son to get his first moose.
Good luck to you as well, may the moose gods shine upon you with a 65+