THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Ruger - does it exist or should I stop looking.....

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger - does it exist or should I stop looking.....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Did Ruger ever make a left handed M77 in .308 or .30-06 WITH iron sights? I keep looking but have not seen any….let me know if I should stop looking.

Thanks.

Posts: 48 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: 08 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They only made the LH 308 without sights. Unsure on the with sights on the 06.
You can buy the sights from Ruger and have them installed thats what I did on my
LH Whelen.

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got a left handed ruger m77 30/06 custom worked on my ahr - has iron sights installed.

looks great

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Gunsite scout rifle is made in .308 only and has iron sights, although I don't think this is really what you were thinking about.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kk alaska:
They only made the LH 308 without sights. Unsure on the with sights on the 06.
You can buy the sights from Ruger and have them installed thats what I did on my
LH Whelen.

KK,

do you have by chance the numbers (references) for those sights?

all the best

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the open rear sights for the 375 Ruger nice sight. An ordered a
front New England front banded sight from Bronells after it came I looked
on Brownells front sight chart and ordered my front sight. It is on a custom barrel 35 Whelen Imp. Looks great and is a nice backup. Kurt

kk alaska

posted Hide Post
I too added Ruger sights... I had a Hawkeye 300 Win Mag rebarrelled by McGowen to 358 Norma and had the sights and barrelband sling swivel from the African models added. Looks and feels great. Of course I got it back from McGowen just before another year long excursion for the Army so I can't honestly say it shoots great... haven't even gotten to shoot it yet.

Mat

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by graum:
I too added Ruger sights... I had a Hawkeye 300 Win Mag rebarrelled by McGowen to 358 Norma and had the sights and barrelband sling swivel from the African models added. Looks and feels great. Of course I got it back from McGowen just before another year long excursion for the Army so I can't honestly say it shoots great... haven't even gotten to shoot it yet.

Mat

Mat and Kurt,

we cannot order parts like as the Ruger company is not easy to deal outside US and the rep center here is really bad so hope day i ll be able to find the references number from Ruger directly.

all the best.

Posts: 1875 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Brownells should have the numbers in there catolog. You may not be able to order them but could reference them.

Here is NECG rear sight about a duplicate of Rugers

http://www.brownells.com/rifle...2-24272.aspx?ttver=2

kk alaska