THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    another run of 375 Ruger stainless

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

another run of 375 Ruger stainless
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I was checking out the Lipseys site.

All stainless Rugers are no longer listed in LH, however, there is one that did pop up.

375 Ruger, stainless, laminate, 23" BBL no sights.

Is this another run? And why a 23" no sights barrel?

One plus would be, the barrel could easily be chopped to whatever length you wanted without messing with sights

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doubt it is anything new. When Buds was selling the lefties they were advertised as being 23 inch barrels with no iron sights as well.
I remember it well because when my rifle came in it had the 20 inch barrel with iron sights. Even though I loved the rifle called Buds up complaining the rifle was not as advertised and they gave me another $100 off the priceSmiler
Yea, I'm cheap, lol.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's pretty much what I was going to say, the first run had 20 inch barrels with iron sights. I have one also and love it.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yeah, they list the same catalog and stock number as the other ones.

It's just strange that one is the "phantom" on their website, if all the discontinued models have been pulled.

I sent a email to check inventory, but appartently they have changed their system, and only dealers are given inventory and price info.

BTW, Davidson's still has quite a few standard calibers left in lefty stainless.

Posts: 2851 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Lipsey's account. They still show the LH Stainless 20" gun with irons and laminated stocks, just like the ones I've been selling for over a year now, but they're never in stock.

Some time ago I had another distributor call Ruger and find out if they had any left and I bought all that they had.

I still have a few single guns for sale in addition to the set of three and two consecutive numbered guns.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I am quite positive, Ruger/Lipseys initial run of "100" LH SS/Lam 375's....was far more than 100!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wasn't a Lipsey's special. It actually was a borne by a factory mistake by turning a bunch of LH laminated stocks with a too-large barrel channel. The Alaskan barrel fit, so they made up the rifles to avoid scrapping the stocks. That's why they pushed them to their distributors without any advertising. I think they were the greatest mistake Ruger ever made.

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So, then a year later, they totally drop production of all stainless lefty guns. And couldn't Boddington have any more pull than just on single shots? He could have expanded their whole left handed lineup it seems.

That is interesting about the stocks

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vol717:
It wasn't a Lipsey's special. It actually was a borne by a factory mistake by turning a bunch of LH laminated stocks with a too-large barrel channel. The Alaskan barrel fit, so they made up the rifles to avoid scrapping the stocks. That's why they pushed them to their distributors without any advertising. I think they were the greatest mistake Ruger ever made.

Yup, best mistake they ever made!

Irregardless if it was a Lipseys run or not, what I am getting at is the "limited run of 100", guaranteed there are more than 100 in circulation.

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen one, but I'm buying Beltloops, so I'll have one in my possession shortly

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was given the story about why the guns were made by one of the three fellows who make production decisions. He would only say that "around 100" stocks were turned when they discovered the error and they made up enough guns to use up the stocks.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Do you know how the run of LH Swede's is coming along?

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have about 40 people wanting rifles and a dealer in Canada wants 15 or so. I talked to Lipseys last week and the salesman thinks that's enough to get the order done. I just renewed the thread on the Ruger forum in case anyone else wants in.