Find
Notify
Tools

LH actions
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
Who sells left handed actions? I'm wanting to build a rifle in 257bob or 260rem.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Try Brownell's.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sam626,

I believe the Montana Rifle Company builds left hand actions in short, standard and magnum lengths.

Good luck,
Headache

Posts: 158 | Location: Danbury, CT 06810 USA | Registered: 25 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Best bet is buy a new 700 youth and sell all the parts. They sell for under $500. You can make back $100 easy on the barrel,trigger ,and stock.

NRA life member,Colt Armoror

Posts: 33 | Location: NY | Registered: 04 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sam626, you have a PM

Posts: 504 | Location: Denton, Texas | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The custom actions makers will make you anything you want: right bolt-left port, left bolt-right port-- you name it. Price is going to be around $1,000 but you will have the foundation for a fabulous rifle that can be rebarreled in the future over and over again. Most custom actions use the Remington 700 footprint with holes drilled and tapped to match that receiver, so scope bases and such accessories are no problem. My personal favorite is Nesika Bay. They make several models to meet any need or desire you have.

http://www.6mmbr.com/actions.html

Posts: 16534 | Location: Between my computer and the head... | Registered: 03 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headache:
sam626,

I believe the Montana Rifle Company builds left hand actions in short, standard and magnum lengths.

Good luck,
Headache

The mid length 257 Bob will fit the Montana short action perfectly.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fjold,

The 257 Roberts works great in the little 84M (they are in production), but Kimber does not have a left hand action yet. (Still working on them!!!) beer

Have a Great day,
Headache

Posts: 158 | Location: Danbury, CT 06810 USA | Registered: 25 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headache:
Fjold,

The 257 Roberts works great in the little 84M (they are in production), but Kimber does not have a left hand action yet. (Still working on them!!!) beer

Have a Great day,
Headache

I should have written out "Montana Rifle Co. short action". I didn't mean the Kimber Montana action.
Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12590 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote