THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    LH CZ .375 H&H or other calibers

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH CZ .375 H&H or other calibers
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anone heard about asnymore production on these? I haven't called CZ

Posts: 1700 | Location: USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They make them, retail for about $1,800. I was lucky enough to find one NIB for $999. Nice rifle, a tad heavy. But good sights, nice wood, dual cross bolts, two recoil lugs, slick action, and it holds 5 down. Built in scope bases as well. I even like the set trigger but others make fun of it. Great for range work.
Someone has been trying to sell one on Gunbrokers for about 6 months for $1,800.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd go to gunbroker and look at the Model 70s in 375 that they have listed instead. Last I checked there were two LH ones on there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can pick up a LH African Ruger 375 for around $ 800. It is great caliber and fine rifle for a great price. I used one in Makuti and killed two tuskless cows with single brain shots. One frontal and one side. The only down side is the availability of ammo in case of luggage delivery problems. Most Safari operators have camp rifles available if such a situation occurs. I have two of them and am thinking of converting one to the 416 Ruger.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got rid of mine - too bulky even after its stock diet!

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty much owned them all, Win 70, Ruger stainless 375, MRC 375, Dakota 375 Wby and a Remington now and then.
If I were looking for a rifle where blued steel and wood would be a good choice it would be the CZ hand down. Might cut down the barrel to 22 inches though.
But for Alaska I'll most likely carry my Ruger stainless the majority of the time if the doubles have to stay at home.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe-I just picked up a used model 70 this past year. I am curious as to why you think the cz is hands down better. The winchester carries great although mine goes 11 lbs. all up. I looked at the cz but it just seemed a bit too chunky.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 leaf sights and it holds 5 down. Built in scope bases meaning one less thing to go wrong.
Love my Winchesters but this is one time CZ beats em.
Your opinion may varySmiler

posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply-any idea what the cz weighs all up?

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Mine without ammo or scope weighs 9 lbs 11 oz.

Factory stock, 24" barrel with AHR #2 upgrades

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Would estimate mine weighs about 9.5 pounds with no scope or ammo.
Piece of cake to shoot compared to my Remington custom shop H&H which weighed in at under 7 pounds naked.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ .375 H&H left hand is a great gun. I have one with AHR #2 upgrade - the AHR upgrade is as good or better than the gun itself. The gun is perfect for Africa - holds 5 rounds, shoots accurate/great and has minimal recoil.

Also as a side note - more PHs were impressed with the AHR upgraded CZ than other higher priced guns they see as most own or have owned a CZ/Brno.

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote