THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Bases for your Zastava LH mauser

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bases for your Zastava LH mauser
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What bases have people been using on the group buy LH mausers? Single or two piece? I know that there are Several "standard" Mauser bases.

one of us
posted Hide Post
On the Model 70 I'm using good ol' Weaver two piece bases, #55 on the rear and a #20A for the front. Got some Burris Zee rings to go on top of them.

For the Model 85 I got Warne bases, their two piece bases marked for the Remington 799 or Interarms Mini-Mark X.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any two-piece base for a Mauser FN will work. I like Leupold QRW rings and steel Weaver type bases, but my favorite bases are by Talley. I'm going to keep a 6.5X57 for myself and I'll put a set of Talley bases on the gun. The rear base will be modified to accept the Talley rear aperture sight as I mostly want to use the gun with irons. I will probably replace the stock with one of a classic design with an open grip and trimmer lines and a lower stock for irons.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went with the IOR Valdada EAW-style.

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I put a set of Warne bases and QR rings on mine.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a set of Talley's which fit perfect. I sent them to MichaelJ in Colorado for color case hardening also a Dressel grip cap color cased.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies. Now, to work on that post of a stock.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Talley's one piece lightweight rings/mounts. Just tried a set tonight on my 7x57 and fit nicely.
930709 1” low

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote