New
Find
Notify
Tools

The waiting game begins
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well, I finally saved up enough money to buy a used Winchester lefty 375 that I found locally, only to find out that he just sold it about two weeks ago.

So instead, I went to down to the local shop and ordered a new lefty CZ 452 Lux.

I heard they were going to be replaced (with the455 maybe?) and the new model wasn't going to be made in a lefty.

The only distributor they could find that had one in stock was on the other side of the country, so they said it would take a week and a half to come in.

Saturdays are pretty much the only time I have to get to the shop, so hopefully it'll be in by the 27th. This is going to be the longest two weeks ever....

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A 452 .22LR is a pathetic replacement for an M-70 .375. Frowner

I would have held on to the money and kept looking. Wink

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeS:
A 452 .22LR is a pathetic replacement for an M-70 .375. Frowner
George

Couldn't agree more, but the deal I found was for an M70 with less than 2 boxes through it for $800.

I really don't need another 375, I really just need to have my Heym restocked.

My theory was that the money saved by buying the CZ instead of the M70 would mean I could get a nicer stick for the the Heym.

Then, on a whim, I bought an old Sears Model 53 30-06 with an old Weaver K4 that I got a good deal on locally.

Plus, I just started a new job last week after finishing college last September, so I've got a feeling my gun budget will be going up Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think you qualify as a gun whore. Welcome to the club.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not a gun whore...just trying to fill every niche. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sure. Whatever you say.....not a gun whore, my ass.....Like BigBoreCore said, welcome to the club.
sbsmith

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun whore!

I resemble that remark.

Posts: 86 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 12 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like BigBoreCore said, welcome to the club.
sbsmith

Well thank you. Got a call Friday that the gun was in, so I rushed over after work and picked it up, and again I'm absolutely impressed with the quality of wood that CZ uses for their guns. These aren't great pics, but they show the basic figure. Not exhibition grade by any means, but much nicer than I would expect on a production gun like this. I mounted a 2-7x32mm ProStaff in Millett high rings tonight, and dug through my pile of 22 ammo. I've got about eight different ammo types I'm going to test out tomorrow, ranging from subsonic up to velocitors at about 1400fps. Tomorrow I'll find out what she likes, then the scope is coming off. I like irons too much, but I have to know what she's capable of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
and she shoots!!! 40 yard target from yesterday using the six different loads I had handy. Not the best pic, but the best group was about 5/16".

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you are still a slut...

But, I mean that in a good way. tu2

the Old Whore

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
you are still a slut...

I'm perfectly OK with that. There's worse addictions to have. I don't even have it that bad, I haven't even doubled up on any cartridge yet.

Now I see that this special run of lefty 6.5 Swedes may be happening soon. I could really use a good light rifle.

Hell, it might be worse than I thought...

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PNWHunter:
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
you are still a slut...

I'm perfectly OK with that. There's worse addictions to have. I don't even have it that bad, I haven't even doubled up on any cartridge yet.

Now I see that this special run of lefty 6.5 Swedes may be happening soon. I could really use a good light rifle.

Hell, it might be worse than I thought...

Do you have any additional information on the LH 6.5 Swedes?

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All the info. is right here:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...7108194&m=5601031201

Basically, it's a special run of lefty 6.5 Swedes from Ruger, built on the RCM platform using a 30-06 length action.

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Thank you. I saw the thread but missed the end of it.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote