New
Find
Notify
Tools

new lefty headed my way
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
i got the bug for a new 223, not that i need another but i had some extra cash and decided to find a short action left hander. I went to my gun shop and here is what i was quoted
Browning a-bolt medallion 739.00
Remington 700 CDL LH 704.00
CZ 527 LH 603.50
Prices do not reflect shipping and transfer.

I like the big green and ordered the CDL. who knows when the left hand short actions will dry up again. In 1985 i got both 243 and 308 in the BDL which I still have as well with a few other short action 700's in LH. none of which are for sale.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good choice.

My 223 CDL shot the cheapo winchester white box into an inch box stock. And it literally rattled around in its stock.....

After bedding, trigger tweak and a very little reloading it is shooting the 55Vmax well under one inch.

CSSA
CPC

Posts: 129 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 11 November 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A Savage 10FP would have cost less and shot better. Wink

Savage has always been a good source for left-handed shooters, and they offer nearly all their models in LH, unlike Remington.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Savage just returned my ss lefty .223. It was sent to them because it would not feed correctly. Fix was covered for free as it should be. Seems to feed fine now but have not taken it back to the range yet.
The few handloads I shot out of it before sending it back to the factory shows it is close to a .5 moa rifle out of the box for three shots at 100 yards. Stainless, cheap tupperware stock, fantastic trigger and price delivered to my dealer was $450. I am pleased.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote