New
Find
Notify
Tools

stagarms ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I am thinking about getting a stagarms upper receiver for my SP1 does anyone know what kind of accuracy i can expect ? I would like to get in the area of 1/2" moa at 100 is that asking too much

Posts: 136 | Location: s.e. bc | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
I have a complete gun with 2 uppers, all lefty.

My .223 shot below MOA when I did my part, but now it's being re-barreled in .204 Ruger. That should be back very soon, just in time for some sighting in and practice before PD shoot in June.

I just received a Stag Arms 6.8 SPC upper and plan on shooting it tomorrow. I expect some fun with that one.

I'll post some pics and range report later.

I bought my uppers from Legal Transfers. Great guy to deal with. Ordered the 6.8, was told it'll be at my door in 10-14 days. Four days later it was here spare mags and all. I can highly recommend this seller.

Good luck.

Mike

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
My Stag lefty is the 2HL and all I've shot it with is the open sights. It's just a fun gun and I really haven't sat down and worked up a load for it yet.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12562 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
we have small informal shots at our local range every week we do a bit of everything bench shots to offhand its just to keep guys sharp for hunting season and i just want to try something different and my cuurent rifle will shot 1/2 in groups so i would like something in that ballpark thanks for the input

Posts: 136 | Location: s.e. bc | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I bought mine from Legal-Transfers also but lan-world had the best prices that I've found.
http://www.lanworldinc.com/Uppers.htm

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12562 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote