New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left handed 22 mag?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Other than ordering a Cooper, does anyone make a left handed 22 mag? Second choice, who makes a lever action in 22 mag? Thanks, Dirk

"An individual with experience is never at the mercies of an individual with an argument"

Posts: 1827 | Location: Palmer AK & Prescott Valley AZ | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I believe Savage makes a LH .22mag; I have one of their LH .17HMRs and it shoots very well. It wreaks havoc on Wyoming prairie dogs, too.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own a Savage .22 mag. Nice rifle for the price ($200) and its a pretty good shooter. I have not yet explored all the options with ammo but so far 1 inch 5 shot groups at 50 yards can be expected. I am hoping to do better further down the road.

I also have a nice LH Cooper but its never been out of the box yet so I can't compare the two.

Sorry, I can't help naming a current .22 mag lever action. Winchester used to and they can be found for $500-650.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Anschutz.

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CZ 452 or 453? Not sure, but check their website.

The 453 is a DANDY.

Marlin made a lever, I think the model 75.

The marlin could probably be found on a used rack somewhere - don't dry-fire this model, it makes them eat the firing pin.

Posts: 82 | Location: SW FL | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
winchester made a 9422m... bought 1 new in 1979... $275... got it to varmint hunt... spotlight coons, ringtails, fox, coyotes... it was too rough on hides i was trying to sell, so its been hiding in the safe since... last time i saw 1 for sale, it was close to $600...ive fired this 1 maybe 300 rounds... topped with an old wever k6, fine crosshairs, dot..

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oops, the Marlin lever was a 57M.

Posts: 82 | Location: SW FL | Registered: 19 July 2007Reply With Quote