New
Find
Notify
Tools

LH CZ 550?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there any news on the availability of true left hand CZ 550 rifles?

I seem to remember reading somwhere here that CZ were going to make LH CZ 550 s in .30-06 & ?.416 Rigby?, possibly, by inference, also 9.3x62.

Has there been any positive developments?

I thought these lefties would be available from Summer 2007 onwards.

Posts: 1289 | Location: England | Registered: 07 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I hope so because I would like one in an African Caliber. 5+1 would be nice

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The CZ rep at SCI said 2008. There will also be a custom shop. Good news from the horses mouth.

FREEDOM OVER FEAR!

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Anybody heard anything lately?

Boy do we ge the shaft!!!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of x-ring
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jstltrs:
The CZ rep at SCI said 2008. There will also be a custom shop. Good news from the horses mouth.

This is funnier than the FREE BEER TOMORROW sign you see in bars.

I been getting the same story since 2005. "Wait 'til 200X (next year)..."

Don't hold your breath.

RECTUM NON BUSTUS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, it is nearly time to write the letter to Santa again!

With 2008 coming up soon, the claimed year for release, has any information escaped concerning left hand actioned CZ550s?

One of Us
Picture of sjm
posted Hide Post
I just got my CZ 527 223REM in a lefty, I hope they make a 416Rigby, we can only wait

12x12/9.3x74R

Posts: 134 | Location: Melbourne,Victoria,Australia | Registered: 11 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If enough of us E Mail them they might just figure it's worth while !.

Couldn't hurt could it . I listen little to what Reps have to say , because they're just that and only know what they've been told to say .

How ever a bombardment of K's of E mails to the Main office might light a fire under someones ass !??. Lets do it , Lefty's unite !!!!!!!!!.

Shoot Straight Know Your target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I contacted CZ - Czech Republic today. It was a slow day in the office etc...

Mr Jarko replied, stating that the .375H&H and the .416 would be the firts left hand actioned CZ550 rifles produced, possibly follwed by others. Next year apparently is the intended launch date.

Now, where did you hide the free beer?!!!

One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I hope they are offered at a reasonable price, like the RH ones.

A 505 gibbs in a lefty would be nice if priced around what the Rightys are paying

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
My lefties currently are Remington and Ruger. If CZ would make a true lefty, I'd order it from a distributor the moment the official release came out. Do I need it?? Awww.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently had a word with CZ and the good word from the top is that LH guns in 550 will be out in early 2008. Someone made a good point - how can we, as an underserved, underrepresented market segment get their attention? We need the appropriate email, perhaps Alice Puluchova, CZ USA's Prez should hear from us. We should start asap. I'm in.

Posts: 2267 | Location: Maine | Registered: 03 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vemo
posted Hide Post
Count me in, who do I write the check to?

JOIN SCI!

Posts: 318 | Location: 40N,105W | Registered: 01 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsl3170:
I recently had a word with CZ and the good word from the top is that LH guns in 550 will be out in early 2008. Someone made a good point - how can we, as an underserved, underrepresented market segment get their attention? We need the appropriate email, perhaps Alice Puluchova, CZ USA's Prez should hear from us. We should start asap. I'm in.

Not to pee on anyone's parade but CZ said that they would be available in 2006, 2007 and now 2008.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh drats..they told me 2005Frowner

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote