THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Zastava status- Just got the phone call.
Page 1 2 

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zastava status- Just got the phone call.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
Elliot just called me and said the rifles will be delivered to them today.

I just paid off the balance on my rifle.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is good news. I'll be waiting for my call.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I just found out that my FFL is going out of town and won't be back until the 28th.

Roll Eyes

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank I will be faxing check tomorrow

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Elliott called me yesterday as the truck was being unloaded. My guns will be shipped today. According to Elliott, the 9.3X62 was the most popular caliber. I have one of those on the way to me. The second most popular was 6.5X55 I think. I have one of those coming as well. I did order a 7.62X39 with double triggers for myself. Elliott was noncommital about a second order of leftys, perhaps because of the whining that went on about late delivery. I may order a batch of them myself for resale, but if I do, I won't advertise them until they are in hand. Someone posted the stats on the calibers ordered. I may go to that to determine what to order.

In this case, if the guns are the quality of the right hand guns, they are good and cheap, but not quick.

Allan

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Does anybody know if he ordered any extras?

Thanks

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Left hunter:
Does anybody know if he ordered any extras?

Thanks

He did. Call him and find out if there are any unspoken for.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got my call this afternoon! Yahoo!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just off the phone and my 9.3x62 is paid for and he hopes to ship Friday.WAHOOOOOO!!Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I ran up the Visa bill and expect to see a LH 7 X 57 and a 223 heading to Alaska!

kk alaska

One of Us
Picture of TANGLEWOOD
posted Hide Post
Will some one pm the # to me I would like to see if there are any lefty overs as well

Posts: 63 | Location: Kentucky  | Registered: 14 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 470Evans
posted Hide Post
Frank,

Thanks for your help on this. I just called and paid my bill. I'm excited to see the rifles.

Posts: 1311 | Location: Texas | Registered: 29 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just completed my transaction. He has quite a few extras in most calibers. If any one is interested this is the time to grab some without wait time.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I mailed my payment and my dealer's FFL today. Now I am starting to get excited. Won't have time to use it this year for hunting but will have fun this winter working up loads.

Mart

"...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprize, and independance to the mind. Games played with the ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just paid for my 6.5 with DST. Guess it's time to start scope shopping...

Posts: 89 | Location: SW Washington | Registered: 23 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just got off the phone with Elliott. Completed payment and sent an FFL. OK now I'm excited! dancing

Posts: 2393 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Me too. I spoke with Elliot this morning. Got an '06 coming. He ordered several extra rifles for anyone interested. 22-250's, 06's, 7x57's and 458's to name a few. Give him a call.

Posts: 314 | Location: Pagosa Springs, Colorado | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Since they made it, I'm ready to order another one. Anyone else?

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank, I did. I picked up one of the extra 7 x57's

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 51 | Location: Unalakleet, Alaska | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is the contact information for Elliott?

Posts: 158 | Location: Satsuma, Alabama | Registered: 11 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news and I extend sincere "Thanks" to those that facilitated this Group Buy. (Hopefully, there will be another one in the future.) I called and spoke with Elliott today, got settled up, and squared everything away. Should see my rifle next week sometime.

Additional "Thanks" from a rightie who managed to piggy-back a rifle (9.3x62) on top of this large Lefty order.

(For those interested, Elliott mentioned that there were additional right-handed models available in 7x57, 9.3x62, and 458 Win Mag.)

Posts: 355 | Location: CO | Registered: 19 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Cell 1-702-364-8880 extension #1 Las Vegas time

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
I just got an email from Eliot about the shipment's arrival. I must say, he is a fine person to deal with from my contacts.

Obviously, the delay was outside his control so hopefully he will put together further orders. (I want to try one before getting more, myself, though I expect to be pleased.)

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a UPS tracking # emailed to me. My rifle is on it way home!!! Hope more got there's!!! Clint

Posts: 390 | Location: out side lansing mi | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
same here just got my trackking # my rifles will be in wednesday the 22 sd ooooooooooh boy

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My tracking number says mine will be delivered Thursday. So I guess I know what I will be doing Thursday night!

NRA Life Member

Posts: 108 | Location: Northern KY | Registered: 07 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bearhunter:
What is the contact information for Elliott?

Elliot Milmeister
K-VAR Sales Rep
4001 S. Decatur BLVD. #37383
Las Vegas, NV 89103
Office: 702-364-8880 ext 1
Cell: 775-720-0281
Fax: 702-307-2303
Email: elliot.milmeister@k-var.com>
Webpage: http://www.k-var.com

If you want one of the extras that K-VAR ordered, I would call or email immediately.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I contacted K-VAR for a list of available LH Zastava rifles and was told last Friday was Elliot's last day at K-VAR. Confused

I think the new contact is:

robert.keller@k-var.com

Congrats to you all for getting in on the order at the front end. tu2

quote:

Hi Mike,
Friday was Elliot’s last day with K-Var. We are going to miss him but we didn’t want to stand in the way of his new opportunity.

We are working to finish up all the orders in the next couple of days and then we will be releasing the remainder of the stock to the public. Would you mind relaying this info to the forum? I will send you the stock list when it is finished as well.
Thank You
Robert Keller
General Manager
K-VAR
WWW.K-VAR.COM
702-364-8880

Posts: 6357 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 28 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geez, I hope he left a good list of who ordered what. I'd hate to wait six months and then have them sell my rifles to someone else.

I sent an email to Elliot (actually Sales at K-Var) just this morning making sure he had my email address so he could send the UPS tracking number. Maybe I should send another to Robert.

As Rosanne Rosannadanna would say, "if it isn't one thing, it's another!".

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
You want a scary email?

I asked Elliot for a tracking number and got this reply:

Frank,
Elliot’s last day at K-Var was Friday. You had asked for a tracking number. I am not finding your name on an order. Did you use a company name?

Thanks
Robert Keller
General Manager
K-VAR
WWW.K-VAR.COM
702-364-8880

I'm hoping that the mix up is because my legal name is Francis and I sign all correspondence as Frank but you would think that my last name would give it away. I've been trying to contact them by phone since.

Edit:

Elias from Kvar just called and said that my rifle had shipped yesterday so it should be at my dealer tomorrow morning. It was the Frank/Francis thing, unbelievable.

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just recvd. this today.

(Elliot’s last day with K-Var was Friday. We are working through all our orders and will post remaining LH guns available in the next couple days.
Thank you

Robert Keller
General Manager
K-VAR
WWW.K-VAR.COM
702-364-8880)

I never received any tracking number or information my visa has been billed! Am going to request tracking
and shipping information in the AM. Kurt Hope we did not take a gamble in Vegas!

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My credit card was charged the day after the phone call, but I didn't get the UPS tracking email until last Friday.

NRA Life Member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just talked to Elias and he sent me the tracking number. The rifles are scheduled to be delivered today!

I'm as happy as a little girl... Big Grin dancing

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery!
Hit the target, all else is twaddle.

Posts: 1027 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called K-VAR this morning to get my tracking number and Marissa promptly e-mailed me a copy of the invoice along with the tracking information.

Being in Alsaka, I was not beat up by the shipping as I was charged $50 for a multiple gun order.

I have been impressed with the customer service of the company. Now, I'm waiting to see the guns.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They told me today that most of the lefty guns were shipped on Friday. It will be a while until mine arrive.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2173 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Been away fishing and just called in with my credit card info this AM. So far, so good, especially the $81 shipping charge that covers priority air mail to Alaska for four rifles.

Asked Robert how the shipment looked and he said they ordered 400 rifles total and they opened every box to examine every rifle and they were very pleased.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Wow. They ordered 400?

quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
Been away fishing and just called in with my credit card info this AM. So far, so good, especially the $81 shipping charge that covers priority air mail to Alaska for four rifles.

Asked Robert how the shipment looked and he said they ordered 400 rifles total and they opened every box to examine every rifle and they were very pleased.

Norman Solberg

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
The 400 with our 60+ LH rifles was their regular stocking order from Zastava that included rimfire rifles and shotguns.

My FFL is a kitchen table dealer who left this morning on vacation and will not be back until the 28th, so I don't even get to see my rifle for another week.

Frank

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just Recvd. shipping and tracking information my FFL holder is going hunting. UPS is a pain to deal with here in AK if you are unavailable for pickup. Kurt

kk alaska

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mine arrived at my FFL today. I will see them tomorrow first order of the day. I'll relay my humble opinion when I get home.