Find
Notify
Tools

Need a Sako 375?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87071349

May the best bidder win, lol. Which is me at the present but someone may need this more than I do and I do not mind sharing.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I used a similar rifle on my first hunt to africa...great guns. Mine was very accurate and a pleasure to carry. I sold it last year to fund another 375 rifle with a plastic stock. IMO there is not a finer factory LH 375 H&H rifle out there.

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snowwolfe:
http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=87071349

May the best bidder win, lol. Which is me at the present but someone may need this more than I do and I do not mind sharing.

Nice buy, Snowwolfe.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I want to know who got the Sako 22-250 for $899 with the "Buy it Now" button, Why lord did I hesitate.

Posts: 7 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 17 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that I own it I will have to find a use for it!
Just curious, was the price I paid reasonable? I rarely see these for sale (left handed versions that is).
When were they last made?

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
snowwolfe,

Haven't got a clue what it's worth but it certainly appeared from the photos to be a nice rifle and what you paid seems pretty reasonable IMO for a L/H rifle chmabered in a great cartridge.

Good Luck with your new Boomer!

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
I sold mine for $1500 on Gunbroker. It included Sako Rings and did not have the noise maker on the end, other than that it was a similar rifle.

We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,
Damn, I was going to make this into another big boomer like a Lott or something. Now I guess I better keep it stock.
Thanks

One of Us
Picture of Wayne Elmer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now that I own it I will have to find a use for it!
Just curious, was the price I paid reasonable? I rarely see these for sale (left handed versions that is).
When were they last made?

How many left hand 375 H&H's have you seen sell for 800 bucks lately? Not bloody many. Yeah, it's a push feed ... so what? It is a quality rifle. I think you got a buy. My $0.02 worth.

Wayne E.

Posts: 119 | Location: Duluth, MN | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,

You paid a fair price. I paid $700 for mine new back in 1990.

These particular Sakos are the best push-feeds I've ever used, and mine are extremely accurate.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I need to get a "cap" made for that brake. That thing looks horrible.

What length of barrel did these rifles have from the factory?

posted Hide Post
The barrel on my unaltered LH Sako .375H&H was 24".

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Roscoe,
Damn, I was going to make this into another big boomer like a Lott or something. Now I guess I better keep it stock.
Thanks

I think there are better options for a lott...but to each his own. These are light for caliber rifles and are a joy to carry. All the old Sako rifles I own have shot very well. The way you trade rifles, you should come out fine on this one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe!

I am getting better. I have a love affair with 375's. What can I say Big Grin
I did manage to keep my Custom Shop Rem 700 375 for about 12 years before I finally got tired of the trigger freezing up in the winter and sold it.
Maybe I need an intervention. Seems like everytime I find a 375 I like something better comes along. That is how I ended up with my Dakota 76 in 375 Wby and this Sako.

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
You know Snowwolfe, I have been following your buys & sells for a couple yrs now.....and it justs upsets me when I read your posts now, you not only find good deals, you then post them. And being from Canada it is just horrible being a LH'er and reading this all the time....man o' man, why are there so few Lefties for sale up here? Confused

I'm envious man!

Rod

--------------------------------
"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
cmfic1,
I posted that Sako before bidding ended as I didnt mind if I were outbidded.
Why is it so difficult to have a rifle imported into Canada?

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe...my post was all in fun.

Actually, all I knew of importing guns to Canada was that it was a painful, red-tape, long wait ordeal. But I have since found out otherwise.

I just bought a Win. LH Stainless/Blue .270 from Texas. It was shipped to an FFL holder in MT, I got the paperwork in (supposed to take a few weeks), then they ship it up. The cost for the exporter is about $75/gun, but I guess shipping is a couple hundred, so I may wait until I have another one or two, then have them shipped, or see if I can drive down and get them (about 7hrs one way).

Now all I need to do is find a Dakota, a Sako or two, and a bunch more Winnys! Big Grin

Rod

"A hunter should not choose the cal, cartridge, and bullet that will kill an animal when everything is right; rather, he should choose ones that will kill the most efficiently when everything goes wrong"
Bob Hagel

Posts: 977 | Location: Alberta, Canada. | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or just order a couple of barreled actions from Montana Rifle Company and pick them up on the drive downSmiler

One of Us
Picture of cmfic1
posted Hide Post
I have a real blister on my azz with MRC right now. I have 2 of their Actions, and have been waiting for the proper parts for one of them for about 8 months now, and guess what? not one single reply by phone or email in the last 3.....figures!

Rod

Bob Hagel

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That doesnt sound like them. They installed the incorrect barrel contour on my last Lott and they had it back in my hands within a month of the day I shipped it to them.
Jon (I think thats his name) kept me informed via email's as well.

What parts do you need? What happened?