New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Hand Hogue Stocks
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just got off the phone with Hogue, where I inquired as to plans to build any left-hand stocks, and thier answer was a resounding
NO
I then asked if I got 500 people to sign a petition requesting such a stock be built, and they replied "it would take a whole lot more people than that".
So is the life of the left hander....
I guess I'll have to stick with Mcmillan, High Tech, or just about any other manufacturer.

Posts: 90 | Location: Where the rivers run north...MT | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
That's too bad. I would buy one.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back in early January I talked with Renee in the main office at Houge. She directed me to leave a message about a possible left handed stock with one of the "guys" in the office. After several days I got an Email back from Standley Neitz informing me that it was possible to have them make a lefty version of any stock. It would cost the original $279 for the base stock and an additional $250 fee for the custom work to make it Left handed. Seemed a bit pricey to me but it is possible to do it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmm... Quite interesting about the special order stock. I may have to look into this a little deeper, as I've been wanting to build myself a left hand version of a Ruger 375 Alaskan.

Something else this brings up, and this is just a wild guess, but if Hogue has no production lefty stocks planned, then the Ruger Alaskan left hand is probably not going to happen in the near future either. All the more reason to make my own!

Posts: 90 | Location: Where the rivers run north...MT | Registered: 09 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Considering you can get an H-S Precision stock any time you want it, and a McMillan with a bit of a wait, why would you want a Hogue?

If you want an inexpensive, but good quality stock, look at Bell & Carlson. They have a wide range of left-hand stock offerings.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although an HS Precision or Mcmillan would be the logical choice (especially when talking about the money involved with building a left hand Hogue), the logical pragmatic part of my brain is shut down a good portion of the time, which leads me to silly ideas like this.

I have recently changed my mind on the direction of my rifle build, and I think a High Tech stock would best fit the bill for my purpose, thus the left hand hogue will be left for someone else with more money than I...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yo goat.....

As a pure Leftie I appreciate any cross-fertilization that is requested of businesses to manufacture Port-Sided equipment - period.

On the other hand as a Businessman I also understand the intital set-up costs for such and then the Sales end up not being as specacular as one may desire.....

I wouldn't mind having a "rubberized" stock on a rifle but then one Guy wants a Remington, the next a Tikka, then a Custom Mauser - well you get the drift.

Like George though; gotta admit that I like B&C's - good value for the money and many L/H offerings.

Not everyone is the orginal Home Depot Handyman and like the intial statement I apreciate that too. Personally, I'm pretty good with my hands I can make just about anything I desire myself, so "rubberizing" a B&C synthetic wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility either - others simply want to lay out the cash and walk away.

Right-Handers don't appreciate just how good they have it, either.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote