THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM LEFTIES FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Lefties    Just curious... What's a LH Stainless M70 Classic worth?

Moderators: GeorgeS
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just curious... What's a LH Stainless M70 Classic worth?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BW
posted
Not selling, but am curious as to what a left-handed M70 stainless steel Classic rifle is going for these days?

Naturally the cheaper the better! Wink

Oh, I'm talking chambered in a magnum cartridge.

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Brian,

I don't know how many LH M-70s were chambered for magnums (real magnums, not WSMs) in stainless steel actions, but if LH .270s are selling for $1000, you have to figure a LH SS M-70 in 7mmRM/.300Win./.338Win. would be close to $1250.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
The last M70 sporter walnut/stainless I saw for sale was in .338 Win mag (I dreamed of this gun when I was younger), went for $1500 on GunsAmerica. As nice as those guns are, I think it's a little silly to pay that much for something that cost HALF that less than a few years ago. With the reintroduction of the M70 in '08, I think the market will change drastically for those selling Connecticut-made M70's.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I seen one at the last gunshow I was at. Fairly good condition, 300 WM with wood stock. Asking price was $650. It was still there at the end of the show the following day.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CLAYMAN:

...check the Winchester web site,www.winchesterguns.com there are NO plans in the immediate future to produce Left Handed M-70's, stainless, or otherwise.

one of us
Picture of BW
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the updates on gun prices gents.

Snowwolfe, I'm surprised ya let that one pass. Cool

Brian

Posts: 778 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhh, well at one point I owned three. One had to have the chamber recut and the others just didnt shoot that well. They were heavy and I experienced some galling. As much as I like a good Win 70 leftie I think the stainless Rugers are a much better rifle. I can pick up a SS Ruger with rings for about $600 from Boondocks and toss in another $35 for a trigger job and I have a great rifle.
Don't get me wrong, I like the 70's. But for the money Ruger rocks.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6638 | Location: Moving back to Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Dunno what they are going for these days, but I had two, a .30-06 and a 270 Win. I sold them both because neither fed or shot as well as the 5 CM Model 70s that I have. I'd much rather have a CM action that is coated than a stainress one.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Alexander:
I had two, a .30-06 and a 270 Win. I sold them both because neither fed or shot as well as the 5 CM Model 70s that I have.
HEY!!!!!!! Confused bewildered

Posts: 242 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: 09 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 338WM in SS and walnut. Put the walnut stock back in the box and ordered a nice McMillan for it.
It was bought the first year they were made, very nice gun, no problems and very accurate in the pillar and glass bedded stock.
I have about a grand into it with the extra stock, Leupold scope and some of the finish work done to the action and stock.
Don't know if I'd sell it for $1200.

one of us
Picture of Ropes
posted Hide Post
I have an almost new sporter III in 30-06 with Talley rings and bases I would let go for 1200 ;o)

Posts: 549 | Location: Denial | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote