New
Find
Notify
Tools

2011 Browning
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I know many of you will not care, but Browning is listing left hand X-bolts for 2011.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of us will care.

Posts: 55 | Location: Gretna,NE | Registered: 25 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am waiting for them to come out with a 375 Xbolt in Left Hand. I had an Abolt and it was very accurate and dependable despite being a dreaded push feed.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had an A-Bolt that after a trigger job and glass bedding was extremely accurate. I've never had issues with Browning.

Posts: 203 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: 30 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will have one, if it shoots well I may have several, I have always liked the A-bolt and with some trigger work have shot well. Heck, I might go completely crazy and buy a WSM!!

One of Us
Picture of Nanook 450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nanook 450:
I have these A-bolts:

375 H&H; 325 wsm; 300 win mag; 270 win

They've all been glass bedded, they all have Leupold VXL scopes except the 375 which has a 2.5 x 8 Leupold.

They all shoot very well, the "dreaded push feed" has never malfunctioned, I like the 60 degree bolt throw.

The X-bolt is interesting, the only concern I have is the magazine being dropped inadvertently.

I don't know if the X-bolt is meant to replace the A-bolt, but at age 53 I'm content with the A-bolts.

Thanks Browning - for thinking of the lefties . . .

P.S. The 325 is my favorite one - short action, light rifle, wicked and accurate cartridge

Posts: 247 | Location: Norman, OK & Marble Falls, TX | Registered: 29 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBoreCore:
I am waiting for them to come out with a 375 Xbolt in Left Hand. I had an Abolt and it was very accurate and dependable despite being a dreaded push feed.

It is still very accurate and dependable and I do not care that it is push feed, never gave me any troubles. Thanks for selling it to me.

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I should have kept it. Enjoy.

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
Glad to see Browning expanding the X-Bolt line up for us.
Like others have said, it will be interesting to see what they do with the A-Bolt.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got two A-Bolt lefty's a 25/06 and a 22 Hornet. I'm pleased with both of them.

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
I have A-bolts in 300WSM and 338WM. Never nad a problem with either and enjoy shooting them. Really pleased to see the wide selection of calibers in the X-bolt. Wonder when they will be available. I've always wanted a .280.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the caliber selection from Browning. Never fired one, but would love to shoot one some day...

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
I've never had a problem with my LH 7mm RemMag A-bolt Stainless Stalker.

However, the looks of the X-Bolt just don't appeal to me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have two Browning A-bolt Medallions.

One time the .338 Win. Mag. had a feeding problem.

The clip had come loose from the floorplate. Fortunately a follow up shot was not needed although it only took about second or two to get a round chambered.

Posts: 932 | Location: Delaware, USA | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2 lefty A-Bolt medallions here as well. 223wssm and 25wssm.

Both very accurate. and so far 850 rounds on the 25wssm and not worn out yet...PHEW!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought the left handed .375 when they first came out. It took me a year and a half to finally get one. I had ordered a wooden stock but had to settle for the fiberglass and stainless. I sure didnt want it but am I glad I got it. It is a tack driver and has been to Alaska about 6 or 7 times. Its a workhorse. Just love it!

Posts: 560 | Location: Michigan, US | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote