Notify
Tools

Dhufish 505
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted
Hey Guys in the "Wrong Hand" forum! wave

My wrong handed buddy Dhufish asked that I help him post photos of his 505 in "wrong hand" for you. Along with a couple of other Wrong handed rifles.

I must let him take it from here. So here goes!

Black Rifles!! Left handed T2K in 6xc, And Mak.Remington 700 In 7mm/08(
Long range shooters,

My Dakota .375 Ruger and my .505 Gibbs Both by stockmaker Ross Waghorn

My ''Heavy Hitters'' .470 Double and .505 Gibbs

Hello Michael, My .505 Gibbs is finally finished, Left handed Granite
Mountain action, Aussie made M.A.B. barrel, Ross Waghorn Stock made from
Aussie walnut from Rodger Vardie and gunsmithing by Tony Argent (M.A.B.
barrels) and finished off by Bob De Vries (Kudu Services) It is a bit larger
than your compact Magnums but I like it that way, I wonder if you could post
it for me on the ''Lefties'' Forum ? maybe also the ''Big Bores'' . I still
don't know how to do that (It must be an ''Age ''thing,( I am still cool
with side valve engines)I will send you more photo's but One at a time.Best
regards, Hope you like it.(Dhufish)

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff!

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Michael,

How about some details? tu2

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
George

Yes, thanks for the reminder! I have some info that Dhufish sent with the photos, I will paste and copy here. I am sorry, I got caught up and busy, and forgot to post this.

I will edit the prior post and try and put the comments in the proper order!

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Michael.

I am intrigued by the bolt-action "ARs". It's a great way to get around local assault weapons bans. Big Grin

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
George,

The bottom "bolt action" AR is Tubbs rifle.

Gary Elesio sells a kit that is very similar that uses a 700 receiver and is way less expensive.

http://www.competitionshootingstuff.com/

I bought the kit but have not built the rifle. It is very nice.

One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Those are some very nice firearms. It is a collection to be proud of.

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
George

Very welcome, no problems. I did not even notice the ARs were bolt guns! Been in a damn rush this morning!

Mike and Dhufish

Hey, any of those rifles say "Winchester" on them anywhere? If not, scratch a big "W" on them, then I can say they are nice too! rotflmo

Good to go!

M

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very manly! How much does that 505 weigh?

STAY IN THE FIGHT!

Posts: 1849 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 25 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
BigBore

I have to let Dhufish answer your questions on particulars on the rifle, but he is Aussie, and I can tell you this, there is some real serious shooting one can do in Australia, it's becoming my favorite shooting place quickly!

Michael

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! Thanks to Michael .458 for posting the pic's for me,the ''Black'' rifles are used regularly at our Rifle Club, The Tubb for 500 metre ''Fly'' comps. and the little Remington for Metallic Silhouette, both are sweeties. The .505 Gibbs was built in OZ.by aussie gunsmiths and shoots very well. The muzzle brake takes the sting out of her and it is quite impressive to shoot (I am 70 years old , so the boys softened her up a bit for me) I load 120 grains of A.D.I.2213 sc , which duplicates the old cordite load, I can go to 135 grains to get about 2400 fps with the 535 gn Woodleigh and the same for the 600 grainers. I have shot some in Africa but only with my .338 win for plains game , and with my Dakota .375 Ruger for Capr Buff and Eland. Michael .458 posted some photo's for me in an earlier thread of those animals when the .375 Ruger was being discussed.Anyhow , Any more info required , just ask. Cheers ,,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you do not mind, what was the price of the granite mountain action? Also what a beautiful rifle.

Posts: 81 | Location: whidbey island | Registered: 15 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Derf9.3, The GMA action was part of a composite ''Deal' but is the only one that I know of in Australia. I enquired about it from Mr.Broden at G M A in the U.S.A. at the time and one similar With a Barrel was about $1800 U.S.D. Mine worked out to about double that in Australia,But it was the only one I had ever seen.By the time you go through all the B.S. to get another one ,I am happy with that one at that price.I have been shooting it quite a bit now , and it shoots as good as it looks. I have some photo's of me shooting it ,but as I still do not know how to post them,(It's an ''Age'' thing ) I will send them to Michael and maybe he will post them for me as previous. Regards.

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
Hey Dhufish

Got the photos for you.

one of us
Picture of ChopperGuy
posted Hide Post
That looks like too much fun! tu2

If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life. - Igor Sikorski, 1947

Posts: 676 | Location: Spring Branch, TX (Summers in Northern MN) | Registered: 18 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank's Michael, for posting the Pic's and yes, it is a lot of fun. Redards Dhufish.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah! I meant to write ''Regards'' Like I said ''It's an Age Thing'' Dhufish.

one of us
Picture of redial
posted Hide Post
Michael, if you someday decide to turn loose that lefty Tubb, PUH-LEEZ let me know! Just as I considered giving up Service Rifle, McM quit making lefties. Damn!

Cheers

Mark
markriedl AT yahoo DOT com

"Greatness without Grace is mere Vanity" - Hank the Cowdog

Posts: 1121 | Location: Florence, MT USA | Registered: 30 April 2002Reply With Quote