ACCURATERELOADING.COM WORLD HUNTING REPORT FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Rest Of The World    Scottish red stag in the Argyll secret coast – Scotland

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scottish red stag in the Argyll secret coast – Scotland
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
October 2015
Was a 3 days trip made with three very good buddies: Luca, Vittorio and Giuseppe.
Luca organized the hunt, thanks to his very good friendship with a local outfitter where he have hunted for twelve years. So everything was perfectly tested from long time. Vittorio Giani, owner of the MAG firearms, has provided one of his best rifles, a MAG 300 wsm, with mcMillan kevlar stock, barrel Lothar Walter Cm 62,stecher,Svarowsky 3-18 X 50 scope, bipod. Everything only Kg 3,600.

We hunted during the rut and ther’ were many stags roaring in the morning on top of the hills. So we had many opportunities of approaching the animals. The MAG rifle was really accurate and we shot six stags in 3 days. All were long shots: I’ve got my first at 330 meters (393 yards), the second at 270. Vittorio took his beautiful royal at 340 meters, and the others were around 300.

We stayed in a very confortable house rented trough the outfitter and we took our dinners in the local restaurant.
The wheather for all of our stay was sunny with not a drop of rain, unbelievable for Scotland! For this reason we enjoined not only the hunting but also the marvelous views on the Argyll coast.

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great job Mario, looks and sounds like a ton of fun, and some dam good eating!

Posts: 558 | Location: texas | Registered: 29 March 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes, the seafood there is incredible

mario

Posts: 1421 | Location: northern italy | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Were you allowed to get the meat packaged to take back top your homes?

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Bob Nisbet,

When I was stationed in Italy I used to hunt in Germany and bring the meat back with me in a cooler on the airplane.

You would never be able to bring the meat back to America.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
yes, in the EU you can travel with the meat but the red stag during the rut is not the best because has a very strong smell.

mario

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Congratulations! Some beautiful looking countryide and top beasts !

Thanks for sharing.

Charlie

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2260 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
tu2