Find
Notify
Tools

The best I could do / 2012 Mexico
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted
6 days in the Sonora desert, my annual trip to Mexico, last evening of the hunt, 400 yards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brad - Not too bad!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Deep forks and fronts. Not super Sonora wide, but I bet he's 190 class. I'd hook him!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Nice buck Brad!!!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
I think you did pretty well...

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hez a keeper in my book!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
a little judicious saw-work and you should have a nice set of rattlin' horns Eeker

jumping

Great buck, Brad!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
yuck Big Grin

Nice Buck

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Deep forks and fronts. Not super Sonora wide, but I bet he's 190 class. I'd hook him!

Ya, I thought so too. Actually, I thought he would be close to 185 and his trash might get him to 190. Then I shot him, walked up to him and I bet he didn't weigh 165 lbs, those deer are small anyways, but this was by far the smallest deer I have ever shot there. Everything about him was 2/3rds scale, teeth were worn down to his gums, some were gone completely, an incredibly old deer. All of the deer I have shot in Sonora in the past had ears in the 23"-24" range, this guy was around 21". Finally put the tape on him when I got back to Houston and he grossed 180-4/8", a beautiful rack, but not what I thought he was. None the less, I love hunting Mexico, this is my 5th year and my 4th buck. Great people, beautiful country, it is the closest I think I can come to mule deer hunting like the stories my grandpa told me.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Beautiful buck... well done.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7539 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Looks good buddy! Wish you were still down here, I have a 190"+ typical and a 200"+ 7x7 found, a tag available and nobody to hunt. My tag is for a different ranch

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
You are killing me Drummond, you'd shake a bag of crack in front of a crackhead wouldn't you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 505 gibbs:
You are killing me Drummond, you'd shake a bag of crack in front of a crackhead wouldn't you?

If that bag of crack would help that crackhead kill a big mule deer then yes, I would absolutely shake a bag of crack in front of a crackhead

Posts: 2092 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
yuck

If it wasn't for the fact that I have negative days in the Vacation / Wife bank... I would be there now Drummond

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by drummondlindsey:
Looks good buddy! Wish you were still down here, I have a 190"+ typical and a 200"+ 7x7 found, a tag available and nobody to hunt. My tag is for a different ranch

Hot damn! Any pics? That's the stuff I dream about.

-----------------------------------------
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. -Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Posts: 891 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 07 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
One of these days I will hunt Sonora.

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3319 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful buck congrats,hope i can hunt there one day.

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A great buck, I sure wouldn't apologize for taking him. Congratulations.

velocity is like a new car, always losing value.
BC is like diamonds, holding value forever.

Posts: 1650 | Location: , texas | Registered: 01 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
thanks for the kind words guys, it was a blast.

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
505, why aren't you wearin' a shiteatin' grin? Big Grin

Nice deer, and glad you enjoyed the trip! Best wishes, tu2

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a beaut! But why the "I'm not happy I shot this pig" face?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Norton,
that is my happy face. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Norton,
that is my happy face. Wink

yuck

One of Us
Picture of Troy Hibbitts
posted Hide Post
quote:
... teeth were worn down to his gums, some were gone completely, an incredibly old deer.

such a deer makes for a GREAT trophy in my book!

http://thehibbitts.net/
Brackettville, TX

Posts: 282 | Location: Brackettville, TX | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote